We’re looking for a Head of Finance to provide detailed finance, reporting and accounting support to the company and lead our finance-related operations. You will play a key role in Aztec’s growth strategy and decentralization efforts following the company’s Series B financing.
This role will have visibility throughout the company and to external stakeholders including the company’s investors. Your efforts will ensure that the company is making the right investments and operational decisions to increase adoption of Aztec’s cutting edge technology globally.
You must have in-depth knowledge of financial analysis, accounting, and international tax compliance. You will work cross-functionally with engineering, business, operations, and legal to transition Aztec to a decentralized network.
This role will work closely with the CEO, COO, General Counsel, and Head of Product.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with the leadership team to develop a strategic plan including decentralization efforts - advising on international tax implications and managing relevant external finance / tax advisors
- Ensure the development and effective implementation of an annual operating plan including business plans, operational requirements, organizational structure, staffing and budgets that support the strategic plan and recommend the annual operating plan to the leadership team for review and approval
- Owning financial planning including annual and quarterly forecasts and performing ad hoc analyses for product launches, strategic initiatives, and operational decisions
- Preparing and presenting financial reporting (monthly P&L, budget vs actuals) to internal and external stakeholders with highlights and recommendations based on strategic considerations and priorities
- Coordinating with legal and tax advisors to ensure accurate and timely preparation of tax returns and compliance with tax and reporting requirements specific to our industry and jurisdictions
- Managing cash flow planning process, providing recommendations on investment opportunities, and serving as key point of contact for banks, external auditors, tax advisors, and other partners
- Enhancing and implementing financial and accounting systems, processes, and internal controls to support the company’s financial and operational needs
- Overseeing financial and accounting operations including bookkeeping, payables, receivables, payroll, treasury, and cash management
- 8+ years of experience in a financial role with at least 2+ years leading financial operations at high growth venture-backed technology companies
- Experience with crypto-specific finance and operations including structuring tokenomics, setting up incentive schemes, and transitioning from a private company to a DAO structure
- Fundamental understanding of international financial operations and taxation issues including international corporate income and valued added tax frameworks
- Proven track record in leading financial planning process and overseeing accounting functions
- Proven problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, remote and global team.
- Learn quickly, be proactive, and be highly adaptable
- Explain complex financial topics to cross-functional partners
- Intellectually curious with a passion for the crypto industry
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or a related field
- Experience in managing a $15m+ asset base with a particular focus on asset preservation and short / mid-term optimisations
- CPA or equivalent
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk0LjE4M
This job is closed
Compensation: $98k - $112k *
Location: ENG London, England, United Kingdom
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: