Uphold is now the fastest-growing private company in the San Francisco Bay Area, according to the San Francisco Business Times Fast Track 100, 2022.Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratize investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley company today has more than 8 million customers in over 150 countries with an impressive 50x increase in Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between the old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 currencies, cryptocurrencies, precious metals and equities instantly. An engineering-led company with a social inclusion agenda, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best talent.
Uphold’s unique trading experience - ‘Anything-to-Anything’ - allows customers to trade directly between any supported asset or currency in one step - physical gold to Bitcoin, for example - saving both time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than 5 minutes and to invest with no minimum amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Head of Financial Risk to assess, monitor, and manage financial risks within our organization. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in helping us maintain a strong risk management framework, ensuring the safety and stability of our financial operations.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Linking the strategic objectives of the company to the way financial risks are understood and managed in support of these objectives.
- Assessing the adequacy of financial risk modeling outputs to inform business decisions.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships needed to support these activities.
- Ensuring the framework for financial risk remains appropriate and takes into consideration internal requirements and wider industry developments.
- Risk Mitigation: Collaborating with business units to develop and implement risk mitigation strategies and action plans to minimise potential losses.
- Risk Monitoring: Implement and maintain risk monitoring tools and systems to track key risk indicators (KRIs) and provide regular reports to senior management.
- Risk Modeling: Develop and maintain risk models, stress tests, and scenario analysis to evaluate the impact of various market conditions and economic scenarios on the organization's portfolio.
- Counterparty credit checking: Evaluating institutional clients for creditworthiness and defining limits for credit risk
- Liaising with relevant first line functions to support, guide and challenge the identification, management and monitoring of financial risk including (but not limited to):
- Market risk
- Liquidity risk
- Credit risk
- Operational Risk that can be effectively priced (fraud or back office error)
- Must be able to engage with business colleagues to ensure they understand where these risks arise in Uphold's business and help them deliver:
- Risk appetite tolerance
- Transparency and good governance
- Software requirements
- Must have the technical skills to model these risks mathematically and engage in constructive challenge with colleagues who take these risks to ensure they are understood and within appetite expressed by senior management and the Board.
- Experience in a financial risk function in financial institutions well as strong financial modeling and programming skills are essential.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzUuMTcyLjE2NS42NAM