Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
🏎 About the Go-to-Market Team
The Go-to-Market team at Whatnot is responsible for the expansion of our category suite and the continued growth of sellers and buyers on the platform. As the Head of International Go-to-Market, you’ll be responsible for fully owning our expansion into new geographies and categories and leading a partnerships and marketing team to ensure the success of international markets on Whatnot.
- Turn Whatnot into an international powerhouse
- Fully own our international P&L
- Establish strategic priorities for expansion and lead high impact country entries, while creating scalable playbooks
- Build working model with HQ GTM - be the glue that connects us cross-border to ensure category strategies are aligned and optimized across geos, all while localizing solutions
- Deeply understand 'the why' utilizing both quantitative and qualitative data to connect different areas of the org to drive results across countries and categories
- Build and nurture a world-class international GTM function
- Hire country managers, category leaders, and marketing functions across multiple geographies
- Nurture and develop global talent by building effective 1:1 relationships with in-county leaders
- Live and breathe our culture so as to carry and champion it across borders
- Ensure everyone uses our product and deeply understands all core components of the business so they can best pitch sellers and grow communities
- Dive deep into our communities
- From Pokemon in France, to Sneakers in the UK, and Comics in Canada, roll up your sleeves to understand what drives our largest communities
- Have a clear understanding of the competitive landscape around the globe and foster close relationships with our most important users internationally
- You have 10+ years of experience working in international expansion and GTM at leading online consumer internet companies
- You have experience bringing a high-growth startup abroad
- You are an extraordinary leader and team builder with experience hiring, managing, and developing exceptional GTM teams at multiple organizations
- You are able to drive a strong and efficient operating rhythm and governance across categories/countries
- You are scrappy and flexible enough to work in a fast-paced startup environment with ambiguity and limited guidance
- You are deeply analytical and comfortable understanding and manipulating data to gain and take action on business insights
- You have experience working on a marketplace or two-sided platform where you’ve had to balance the needs of multiple constituents
🙏 Nice to Have
- Complete P&L ownership in prior role/s
- Experience with developing internal policies and processes for a new and fast-growing business
- Proficiency in SQL
- Passion for creator communities, existing product categories on Whatnot, and/or new verticals that are uniquely suited for live e-commerce
- Experience buying and selling in online marketplaces
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Medical/Dental/Vision (Supplementary Private Health)
- Food, Wellness, and Remote Work allowance
- Ireland: Pension, 11.05%
- UK: Pension, 3% / Social Security, 15.05%
- Flexible PTO
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks + one month gradual return to work
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M
This job is closed
Location: ENG London, England, United Kingdom
This job is closed
Benefits: Pto, 401k, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance, Unlimited Vacation
Receive similar jobs: