Greenbrier consults for some of the world’s leading companies, organizations and individuals, offering expertise in corporate communications and media relations, crisis management and preparedness, and public affairs.
The firm is a subsidiary of The Messina Group, a leading consultancy founded by Obama for America 2012 campaign manager & former Obama White House Deputy Chief of Staff Jim Messina. The firm is led by seasoned strategists, with proven experience working globally to help political parties, governments, corporations, and NGOs achieve their goals with data-driven and measurable strategies. The principle philosophy at both companies is to help our clients solve problems, outwit competitors and create better outcomes. We are looking for a Junior Communications Associate to join our growing team and contribute to our fast-growing blockchain & web3 practice. This position reports to the Vice President level, works closely with the entire Greenbrier team, and in particular a Senior Associate of our blockchain practice. The role involves the development and execution of earned media strategy, industry thought leadership, public affairs campaigns, and crisis communications for an array of industry-defining clients. We’re looking for a versatile candidate who is both interested in the blockchain and web3 space and also excited to make an impact in other areas of the business on a selective basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to own and execute ideas from start to finish, work with a talented team of communications professionals in a fun and fast-paced environment, and work within an industry that is shaping our future. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer, driven, creative, and have the composure to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Full cycle media relations including reporter outreach, interview and remarks preparation, interview staffing, and story placement;
- Assisting with product and partnership launches, funding rounds, expansion and business milestone announcements, and other initiatives on behalf of clients;
- Crisis management including the execution of proactive and reactive communications strategies on behalf of clients;
- Thought leadership building, including conference and awards submissions, developing presentations and original content, and staffing clients at associated events;
- Media monitoring and reporting using a suite of media and social listening analytics tools;
- Client research across a broad range of sectors and subjects, including audits, competitor research, and policy and regulatory research and analysis;
- Content creation including blog posts, op-eds, website language, newsletters, and press releases;
- Attending meetings, communicating via email, sharing counsel, and managing client logistics such as agendas.
- Executing public affairs campaigns in markets across the U.S., helping clients achieve regulatory and policy goals;
- Serving in a client-facing role, with the ability to step in and lead specific work streams, for Greenbrier’s diverse portfolio of blockchain clients;
Required Skills And Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and one or more years of relevant experience in communications and public affairs;
- A baseline of knowledge of the crypto space, or a strong interest in acquiring it;
- Media relations experience with strong relationships and proven results;
- Excellent written communication, copy editing, and research skills;
- Proficiency in standard workplace software, such as G-Suite and Microsoft Office.
Preference will be given to candidates with these professional skills and experience:
- Excellent intuition and the ability to think outside the box when it comes to driving client strategy and success;
- A data-driven approach and mindset, with experience in developing analytics reports and leveraging data to inform strategy;
- Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with managers and peers;
- Strong operational and scalable process-building capabilities.
Preference will be given to candidates with these professional traits:
- Quick-learning and smart-working candidates who genuinely thrive in a fast-paced, rapid-response environment;
- Creative and collaborative candidates who can generate innovative ideas and problem solve with teammates;
- Intrinsically motivated candidates with effective time management, organizational, and prioritization capabilities.
These values translate to our employee benefits package, which as of this posting includes
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we’d love to hear from you or anyone you think would be a good fit.Greenbrier and The Messina Group are committed to providing a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, subcontractors, and vendors and we strive to be the change we want to see in the workplace. Our mission is to empower everyone at the organization to flourish. We value the array of lived experiences and inherent differences that make us unique and we work to ensure that everyone is equitably treated and feels a sense of belonging.
- Covered healthcare for you and your family;
- 15 days PTO;
- Discretionary bonus;
- Employer matched 401K;
The Messina Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran or military status. This policy also applies to recruiting, interviewing, hiring and firing, internal promotions, training opportunities, selection of vendors and consultants, provision of services, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzkuMi4xOTIM