Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
Swan is looking for a senior developer to lead the continued development of Swan's mobile Flutter based app for iOS and Android.
We have a strong and mature development team working in a good rhythm with the help of an excellent product manager. But our existing Lead Engineer is moving over to a different team in the company, so we’re looking for someone who can step in to this role and continue to develop this key product.
Flutter experience is obviously a huge plus, but if you've built on React Native, you can learn quickly. We’re looking for someone who cares about user experience. Prior experience with wallet development is not required (though a huge plus), but deep expertise with Bitcoin will be important for this role. You should also ideally have experience working with nodeJS web applications, so that you can work with the API backend that the mobile application works with.
Team leadership experience is a must and you should be equally comfortable diving in to the code as you are resolving disagreements, coordinating between stakeholders and engineers, and working closely with the product manager to realise the company’s goals.
This is a fully remote role. Our hours and vacations are flexible. Much of the mobile team is spread across the eastern hemisphere, so some flexibility for occasional meetings to accommodate time zones is appreciated.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Senior level experience with iOS, Android, and Flutter or React Native.
- Experience with building backend web APIs, preferably in nodeJS but any related experience and the willingness to learn is sufficient.
- Excellent communication skills, desire to own and lead a product from concept to execution.
- Solid understanding of principles of code organization and modularization.
- Have shipped at least one app to Android or iOS app stores. Show us what you’ve done!
- Desire to work in a fast paced start-up environment where you’ll have a lot of say in the product, but also lots of responsibility.
- A true passion for Bitcoin as a world-changing monetary innovation. We’re not a crypto or blockchain company. We don’t care if you’ve done any of those things in the past, but here we’re all about onboarding people into Bitcoin!
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and video conferencing are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. Many of us pull double duty alongside our main job, producing content for Bitcoin newsletters, podcasts, social audio platforms, and YouTube shows, and spend some of the day on Twitter educating the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M