Legal Counsel at Crystal Blockchain B.V. will serve as a legal counsel of the Company, and its subsidiaries, if any (collectively – the“Group”). He/she will provide the Group with day-to-day work with respect to legal transactional work, operations and risk management of the Group.
The successful candidate needs to be deadline focused and result-driven, with a strong sense of responsibility, ateam player, with good communication skills with colleagues and third parties within and outside the Company team, able to multi-task and deliver under stress, adapt quickly, assess processes, permanently prioritize and implement improvements.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Advise the Group management with respect to the legal issues, transactions and strategies of the Group;
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the Group companies and potential claims;
- Guide and support non-legal functions with transactions of the Group companies involving legal issues, including preparation of legal documentation, as well as negotiation, completion and implementation of transactions;
- Draft, negotiate, review, organize execution, amend and terminate all kinds of contracts and other transactions between the Group companies and with third parties as necessary;
- Perform the KYC checks and other due diligence on new counterparties and/or business transactions (i.e. client, investor, advisor, finder, agent and vendor) and advise the Group accordingly;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for and respond to queries related to compliance, including the GDPR and AML/KYC;
- Work with key internal stakeholders in the review of projects and ensure compliance with international/regional laws, and where necessary update policies and T&Cs for the Group’s websites and products;
- Ensure that all operations of the Group are compliant with local/regional laws as well as bylaws and procedures of the Company’s ultimate parent entity and liaise with relevant parties for this purpose;
- Monitor changes in legislation to ensure ongoing compliance of operations with applicable laws, assist and provide internal recommendations and monitor implementation, where needed;
- Co-operate with the parent entity’s legal team and contribute to legal and organizational aspects of global corporate governance, including, inter alia, by preparing board resolutions and overseeing their implementation within the Group;
- Provide input and on-topic communications involving legal points and analysis to non-legal functions as necessary;
- Seek to ensure compliance with company policies/procedures and minimization of risks to the Group companies;
- Populate, organize, and maintain an up-to-date data room containing documents and other legal information of the Group; and
- Work on other projects and tasks as assigned from time to time.
- 5+ years working experience in contract and corporate law;
- Advanced Degree in Law;
- Languages: C2 English minimum, C2 Dutch minimum;
- Working experience in international companies (consulting + in-house preferred);
- Excellent drafting and written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working with cross border transactions, preferably;
- Experience in revising complex commercial contracts and deals;
- Readiness to work as a sole contributor covering all legal issues for Crystal;
- Self-starter who is capable of operating in start-up environment
- Strong experience working with internal and external stakeholder on controls and compliance relates issues.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEwLjc3LjEwNgM