Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department:Finance Operations
The Role: Manager, Global Payroll
Gemini is seeking a Manager, Global Payroll with a drive to operate in a high-growth environment and strong experience in payroll, benefits, 401(k) and payroll accounting at a global company. The position will be an entrusted cross-functional business partner with People, Legal, Accounting and Tax teams. A focus on regulatory compliance and building strong internal controls is critical. This position is an individual contributor.
- Manage full-cycle processing of US and International payroll on a semi-monthly or monthly basis as applicable
- Manage partnership with payroll software service provider to optimize system functionality and exploit opportunities for process automation
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, taxes and other deductions
- Prepare journal entries and monthly payroll reconciliations
- Manage tax and benefits compliance and reporting with all Federal, State, and Local payroll compliance, including tax withholding, and garnishments
- Identify recommendations to scale processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency including the design and implementation of internal controls and maintain payroll policies and procedures
- Answer employee questions regarding payroll and process payroll changes
- Manage workers compensation and 401(k) plan audits
- Ensure appropriate tax withholding, accounting and compliance, including global mobility tracking
- Assist with the development of internal controls and the automation of equity processes
- Ad-hoc projects as applicable
- Bachelorâs degree in Accounting or Finance, or related course of study
- 5+ years of relevant experience in payroll processing
- Experience in accounting analysis and month-end reconciliations
- Experience in international payroll processing
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member in a time sensitive environment
- Unquestionable ethics and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive data
- Advanced Excel skills required (critical to success in the position); experience with accounting software preferred
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) certification preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of Workday and Netsuite preferred, but not required
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $137,000 - $192,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.