It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are seeking a highly motivated, deeply experienced and resourceful leader to design, inspire, lead and scale our multi-channel Customer Success organization for Cash App and create the future vision of how we’ll serve customers. You will influence and inspire a team of passionate customer advocates and their leaders, coaching them to success while you help dream up and build out a world class operation. You will define how Cash App will optimize all Success channels, including in-app messaging and phone, while developing and reinforcing Cash App’s team culture, driving customer happiness, and promoting employee success and supporting career progression.
In this role, you will serve as a cross-functional leader inside the company, working with product, engineering, design, business development, marketing, and finance to drive a culture of customer-first supportability. You’ll manage the operations of the Customer Success team to ensure we achieve Cash App’s most important strategic priorities and underpin our obsession with customer focus and mindset. You will set, track, manage and evolve our operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) weekly, quarterly and overall, and act as an advocate and leader for our front-line team members, interacting with training, recruiting, analytics, workforce management, Voice of the Customer (VoC), and engineering and technology teams who are critical to making our customers successful. This senior role will be a blend of managing the performance of internal employees and partner performance through influence and motivation.
The right candidate for this role will demonstrate success by:
- Utilizing deep product and industry knowledge to implement and improve on best practices while serving as a strong cross-functional leader and advocacy role model for support
- Coaching and mentoring team members with a focus on professional development and upstream, preventative, future-proof thinking
- Driving improvements in customer satisfaction across channels by understanding the struggle and support needs of our customers and how our teams can best respond
- Owning the efficiency and quality balance of the Customer Success operation, smartly investing in both, while incorporating cost considerations, to help maximize our investments in our people and build our talent for the future
- Developing and managing the metrics to measure the growth, performance and impact of the team, and set goals and provide progress updates
- Treating the Customer Success operation as a product at Cash App, innovating, experimenting and iterating on the customer experience
- Developing and leading end-to-end holistic project plans and ensuring on-time delivery of critical customer success initiatives
- Gathering and synthesizing relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools, approaches, processes, and techniques to help scale the team
- Scaling the Customer Success team by capitalizing on opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency, driving productivity and quality initiatives and working tirelessly to empower the front-line advocates
- Experience managing vendor partner relationships and performance management
- A relevant BA/BS degree or related experience
- 15+ years of relevant CS operations work experience, with 10+ years of multi-tier (managing managers) people management experience required at companies with significant scale
- Past product and/or project management experience and deep background scaling complex operations from inception to hundreds of team members, particularly within a technology company
- Experience creating, building, optimizing B2C Customer Success operations, particularly in a fast-paced startup or tech environment, and experience with leading partner (BPO) teams to achievements equivalent to internal teams
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally throughout an entire organization and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities and expertise in balancing and articulating trade-offs at scale
- A passion for consumer financial services and ensuring an outstanding customer experience
- Vendor management experience is desired
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone C: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone D: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzcuMjkuNjkM