ClearBank was built on the belief that banking infrastructure would no longer slow down progress. Instead, it’s the catalyst that unlocks the potential to innovate. That’s why our clients — financial institutions from fintech’s and crypto platforms, to banks and credit unions — use our API to power their banking infrastructure.
But we wouldn’t be ClearBank without our people. They’re what powers our innovative technology and the reason we love what we do every day. We’re a group of spirited people who are never afraid to challenge the norm – becoming stronger, more energised, and that much better when we’re together. It’s our belief in fairness, autonomy and choice that means our people are empowered with the tools to learn, grow, and contribute to ours and our clients’ success. Interested in joining us? Read on or visit our website for more information.
You’ll be joining the Financial Crime Operations Team as a Model Management Lead – Financial Crime Investigation and Intelligence. Reporting to the Head of Financial Crime Operations , you’ll be a part of a fast-growing business that is challenging the market and doing things differently.
The Model Management Lead will act as a subject matter expert for model/list management across our financial crime systems and controls. Specific responsibilities include ensuring the tools produce the best quality alerts possible given the available data and the lists used within the tools are kept up to date.
As the Lead, you will have additional responsibilities including direct line management of a small team, work allocation and prioritisation, to be the principal escalation point and face of the Model Management team, and to own and maintain all team model/list and user access management procedures and guidelines.
And you’ll be joining the #14 fastest-growing tech company in the UK, according to Deloitte Fast 50
You will be
Candidates should be highly experienced in financial crime mitigation across FI and NBFIs, particularly in AML transaction monitoring and sanctions screening, both from a technical (rule development, tuning, optimisation) and from an operational perspective. Thus you will have a strong understanding of financial crime systems, typologies and detection methods, list management techniques and operational processes and the challenges banks face with these. In addition, you should be experienced in the extraction of data using SQL and ideally using PowerBI or a similar BI platform.
You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be comfortable dealing with change and take pride and enjoy in supporting the team. Successful candidates will be experienced in raising concerns and providing solutions, engaging with our suppliers and be actively proactive with finding solutions. Candidates should have sound knowledge of correspondent banking services; strong technical and regulatory knowledge across financial crime and Sanctions within the UK and EEA, and a firm understanding of how to identify and mitigate risks within a business.
We need motivated team players who are delivery focused and can suggest solutions as to how things can be done better, as we’re always looking to improve and do things differently.
What we are looking for
Core Skills and Experience
- Responsible for the creation of anti-money laundering rules within our current tool, Featurespace, to help identify potential money laundering and the tuning of these rules/optimisation of the system
- Responsible for the creation of payment sanctions screening rules to identify potential avoidance of sanctioned targets
- Support the access management for the financial crime team and others to our systems, SharePoint site and PowerBI reports
- Development of PowerBI dashboards to allow the team to extract data from the data lake directly
- Extract data directly from the Azure data lake using SQL for tuning/optimisation purposes and to support the team with larger queries than possible through PowerBI
- Support the introduction of a new AML system and the migration of rules to our new payment sanctions screening tool
- Complete control testing activities as defined in the Risk Controls Self-Assessment
- Manage work allocation/prioritisation across the Models Management team
- Have a deep understanding of the risks within correspondent banking and experience in detection and mitigation of such risk
- Assist with building Financial Crime / sanctions and money laundering typologies knowledge within the team and across the wider business
- Conduct complex analysis using large data sets to identify unusual themes and patterns
- Apply strong technical and regulatory knowledge to identify potential control / risk issues
- Provide subject matter expertise on change programmes and new product development
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the business to meet role objectives and deliver key activities
Financial Services/Banking Experience
- Strong knowledge of financial crime control frameworks and regulatory standards
- Strong knowledge of sectors such as money remittance, electronic money, APIs, Cryptocurrency firms, and merchant acquirers
- Significant knowledge of UK and EU AML/CTF legislation (international AML/CTF knowledge is advantageous)
- Significant knowledge of money laundering typologies across a range of products and services in financial services along with a strong background in sanctions payment screening
- Significant experience dealing with complex business models, PEPs, sanctions and red flags
Key Skills and Expertise
- Self-starter, able to work independently when needed, and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to produce meaningful presentations and communicate/negotiate with key stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and good judgement
- Work to tight deadlines under pressure whilst maintaining high level of quality and competency
- A recognised AML / Sanctions / Fraud qualification is desirable but not essential
- Strong SQL, Python skills desirable for dealing with large datasets but not essential
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
About what we offer
- At ClearBank we have a flexible working philosophy, empowering our employees to manage their time in a way which allows them to meet both work and personal commitments, in partnership with their line manager
- Spacious and well-equipped new offices in London and Bristol
- 27 days annual leave per year, plus flexible bank holidays
- The option to work outside of the UK for up to 30 days per year
- Regular company-wide socials
- Take a couple of days per year to volunteer with your chosen charity to do something bigger than ClearBank
- Private healthcare through Healix and discounted Bupa dental cover, with employee healthy living perks and discounts through YuLife
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to join an innovative team that’s building a bank fit for the future! 🚀
The legal bit
By submitting your CV, you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK. Regretfully we are not in a position to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to ClearBank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the ClearBank website to see how we process, manage and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk2Ljg2M
This job is closed
Compensation: $45k - $112k *
Location: United Kingdom
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: