Are you ready to join a stellar team intent on expansion? Working closely with the Legal, Compliance and Growth teams, you will need to think globally and act locally.
You will be supporting our existing Bitpanda Custody business as well as being part of the team working on our UK licence application, regulatory setup and expanding business.
You will be based in the UK and supporting our existing UK crypto and custody business, working closely with the Group Compliance and AML colleagues in our other European offices.
The key to success in this role will be a blend of leadership, compliance, AML advisory, control mindset, regulatory improvement and stakeholder engagement.
What you’ll do
- Act as Bitpanda’s nominated compliance officer SMF16 and the MLRO SMF17 through the licence application and the establishment of our new UK business.
- Act as the MLRO for our existing UK Bitpanda Custody business, advising on all aspects of core compliance including AML/AFC, owning the compliance program, fulfilling firm’s MLRO accountabilities, and maintaining the inventory, the controls, testing and reporting systems.
- Advising and guiding on Compliance and Financial Crime matters to all UK entities and driving a culture of compliance across the business.
- Develop and maintain existing Compliance, AML and sanctions processes and ensure the implementation of appropriate controls that reflect our business and our regulatory requirements.
- Ensure we meet our regulatory compliance and AML obligations by having effective programmes, frameworks and policies in place.
- Managing the UK suspicious activity reporting (SAR) process, internally and externally.
- Building a strong relationship with our Regulator and ensuring accurate responses and reports to the Regulator and any enforcement authorities.
- Review and analyse new and upcoming developments from our Regulator and maintain an oversight of developments affecting business activities.
- Reporting to our executive team, our management boards and the Board of Directors on relevant Compliance and AML issues and incidents.
- Working collaboratively with internal teams and external parties, e.g. Legal, Risk, Internal Audit and external audit partners. You will design and deliver compliance education and training to your colleagues.
Who you are
- Experience of working in a crypto, banking or financial services firm.
- Have previously held the SMF16 and SMF 17 roles or have the relevant experience to take that step up.
- Operational knowledge and hands-on experience in running a sound compliance and AML programme.
- You will have an understanding of our industry’s regulatory requirements (ideally including crypto and custody) in both the UK and EU, as well as international sanctions.
- You are a team player, open-minded, organised, resilient, reliable, and committed.
- You will have great communication skills and collaborate effectively with your European colleagues, with senior management and with third-party stakeholders.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzkuMi4xOTIM
This job is closed
Location: ENG London, England, United Kingdom
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: