Partner 6, Events Coordinator, Crypto
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
Weâve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what itâs like to be in the founderâs shoes. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
As we scale the events programs for the crypto and web3 vertical, we are looking for a strong Event Coordinator who can bring administrative and operational focus to our pre-event planning and post-event process.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has strong attention to detail, solid research and due diligence skills, enjoys working with people and has experience implementing process and organization to improve efficiency.
In addition to heavy administration work (85% of the role), there will be some opportunity to be onsite to assist with event execution (15% of the role).
This role can be based in San Francisco or New York City. Must be on-site at the office minimum of three days a week.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Support the crypto events team in day-to-day operations, coordinate end-to-end workflow for team programs, lead event calendaring for the team, and ensure firm-wide visibility for all events
- Provide air traffic control to keep event stakeholders aligned on major cross-functional tasks.
- Support the Events team by take meeting notes and assigning action items to keep everyone on track
- Own systems management and reporting for production trackers, event plans and event communications; maintain all communication distribution lists and contact details
- Work with internal teams and external vendors for the creation and fulfillment of branded goods, event collateral, check in materials, etc.
- Conduct basic research and synthesize data into various reports and presentations as needed
- Work to ensure data cleanliness using our CRM, Affinity, for all a16z crypto team members for the purposes of attendee lists, company gifting and travel needs
- Organize and maintain events inventory for easy access and use
- 3-5 years of experience in a fast paced âlive environmentâ (ie events, stage production, filming)
- Experience and passion for bringing clarity, organization, and consistency to distributed and complex projects
- Excel at managing many deadlines and demands at the same time
- Enjoy organizational processes, internal communications, and bringing people together for consistently delightful experiences
- Reliable yet flexible: able to deliver consistently and know how to anticipate needs and adjust
- Process and timeline focused with the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly (Google Suite, Marketo, Affinity CRM, Splash, ClickUp, Salesforce, Slack, WordPress, Airtable, etc)
- High integrity with validated experience in exercising discretion and maintaining confidentiality
- Attention to detail with the ability to grasp the big picture
- Team player who works well with diverse personalities
- Hustle with a bias for action and strong ownership of outcomes
- Comfortable navigating ambiguous and stressful situations with patience and poise
- Flexibility to travel to support crypto events onsite as needed
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $108,000-$126,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.