Luno is the crypto investment app you can rely on, enabling you to buy, store and explore crypto securely. We’re committed to putting the power of cryptocurrency in everyone's hands sensibly and responsibly.
Since 2013, we’ve helped millions of people around the world invest safely in crypto. We do this by cutting through the hype and supporting customers at every step of the way. All products and cryptocurrencies on our platform must first meet stringent legal, risk and technical security standards. We don’t do memecoins.
Transparency is key for us. Luno stores all crypto on a 1:1 basis and we have rigorous processes in place so you can be confident your investment is secure. We’re available in more than 40 countries around the world and we work closely with respective regulators in all of these markets to be fully compliant, as we believe this is the best way to help everyone, everywhere, invest safely
About the team:
We’re a passionate and committed team taking on a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus, and determination. We need the best team on board for our mission to put the power of crypto in everyone’s hands.
Our team’s purpose is to ignite Luno's mission by inspiring the extraordinary and empowering our global community. We do this by building a high-performing team. One united by our mission and Moontality, where Lunauts can reach their potential in a remote but reachable world.
The role in a nutshell
As the People Team Coordinator at Luno, you’ll be responsible for managing the People Team and Luno calendar, ensuring that our cyclical and ad-hoc People cycle activities (such as performance conversations, talent mapping, and project launches) are synced and coordinated. You’ll play a key role in removing barriers for the team and taking care of the “small things” that make a big impact ✨
Your mission will be
- Creating opportunities for People team relationship building and social connection
- Maintaining internal and business facing People team Notion pages
- Managing and syncing the People team calendar to the wider business calendar, ensuring alignment and visibility across the business and activities
- Scheduling and supporting meetings (People team wide meetings and People leadership group); assigning tasks, minute taking and following up with actions and reminders
- Helping the team to be “barrier free”, keeping everyone in sync, and moving forward towards our team goals
- Positively influencing and impacting the greater People team’s way of working, including team ceremonies (i.e. all hands, retros)
- Support the People team to create an engaging and welcoming in person and virtual environment for our Lunauts
- General support to the team for People-focussed activities
In your first six months, you will
- Obtain an understanding of Luno in general and the People team’s ways of working
- Get to know the People team and your key stakeholders
- Take ownership of the People team and Luno’s calendars
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to incorporate the 2024 calendar
- Take ownership of coordinating our support-internal-comms channel/ calendar, whilst also aligning requests with other relevant calendars.
- Suggest, and implement a cadence for internal team meetings and events for H1
- Put forward an action plan to review and update all internal People Team Notion pages
‘A little about you:
- Worked in a high growth, global business, which will help you navigate changing priorities, ambiguity and allow you to design solutions that reflect our cultural diversity
- 2+ Years proven experience as a coordinator or team assistant, or a similar role where you can demonstrate relevant skills and experience
- Confidence in your ability to execute work with limited supervision
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise work and activities
- Experience of working with different stakeholders and team members
- Strong communication and proof-reading skills, with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to apply critical and creative thinking to challenges
- A bias for action; being comfortable in giving direction and taking responsibility to ensure delivery of agreed outcomes
- A familiarity with Agile ways of working and project management will be beneficial
Life at Luno
Benefits include partnering with the coolest people and stakeholders who are building really cool tech while putting the power of crypto into everyone's hands! You will learn a lot, and be part of a scaling Fintech legacy. Other benefits include:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance and access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- Generous maternity and paternity leave.
- An annual Inspiration Day, and long service leave that comes into play after 2 years of service. And, you can also buy or sell leave annually;)
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events
- Free lunch and snacks when you are in the office, as well as “Lunch on Luno” on Fridays (no matter where you are!) to help you connect with your fellow Lunauts over lunch.
- An annual personal development budget to use on Learnerbly, whether it is for a course, professional membership or conference!
- Unlimited access to LifeLabs Learning’s playbooks and skills labs.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job is closed
Compensation: $112k - $120k *
Location: WC Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
This job is closed
Benefits: Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: