At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
We are looking for a Principal applied scientist to to help kickstart an innovative new team charged with building an AI platform to support multiple needs such as document retrieval and summarization, synthetic data generation and knowledge management .You are someone who led building advanced algorithmic systems that are powered by state-of-art ML, such as Natural Language Processing, Large Language Models, Deep Learning, Computer Vision and Causal Modeling. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to high-reaching and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build and operationalize conventional and generative AI based models to solve knowledge management, financial services and productivity related problems
- Design and implement scalable, auditable, and maintainable machine learning services at Ripple
- Collaborate with Ripple engineers and data scientists to build a premier AI platform
- Work closely with scientists and software as well as ML engineers to drive real-time model implementations and deliver novel and highly impactful features.
- Lead development of scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Mentor and coach junior team members
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Masters or PhD (preferred) in computer science, statistics, physics, or other quantitative field
- 10+ years of hands-on experience delivering production machine learning solutions to sophisticated business problems
- 5+ years demonstrated ability with Python and/or Java
- Broad machine learning experience including statistical modeling, time series analysis/forecasting and experimentation, bonus if in finance and trading domains, especially FX
- Experience with deep learning models, and ideally exposure to Generative AI
- Experience with cloud-based data processing and machine learning services and tools
- Experience recruiting and mentoring a premier team of applied scientists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially with non-technical senior leaders
- Attention to detail and a dedication to excellence
- An entrepreneurial problem solver with a bias for action
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M