Principal Product Strategist
- Consistent Record of “Fundamentally Novel” Innovation and Problem Solving. You are regularly coming up with fundamentally creative, novel, and innovative approaches to solving problems at the intersection of technology, product, finance, and the law. You are the one our senior leadership turns for help with solving the thorniest product design issues at this intersection. People on our team consistently describe you as “brilliant”.
- Highly Effective Working Relationship with the CEO and management team. The CEO and management team regularly finds discussions with you to be highly productive and helpful and the work you produce to be brilliant. The two of you get along very well and results in Ondo remaining an innovative leader in the space.
- Highly Effective Working Relationship with Key Stakeholders. Other key internal stakeholders — including the broader Product and Engineering teams — find working with you to be both pleasant and highly productive.
Your Responsibilities Will Include...
- Innovative Product Ideation: Work hand-in-hand with the CEO to ideate and define new product opportunities that push the boundaries of what's possible in DeFi and blockchain.
- Technical Strategy and Design: Develop comprehensive technical and economic strategies and designs for new products, ensuring they are feasible, scalable, secure, and aligned with our mission.
- Advanced Technical Analysis: Provide deep technical analysis on potential product ideas, including detailed implementation strategies and game-theoretic considerations. This also will include deep analysis of existing and competitive products to identify weaknesses and potential opportunities for further development.
- IP Strategy Development and Contribution. Work closely with the CEO and members of the technical team to analyze the IP landscape, identify opportunities, and draft and analyze patent opportunities.
- Market and Competitor Analysis: Continuously analyze the onchain landscape, identifying trends, opportunities, and competitive threats to inform product strategy.
- Regulatory and Compliance Insight: Offer insights into regulatory and compliance considerations for new products, working in tandem with legal experts to ensure viability.
You Should Definitely Have...
- Deep knowledge of, and experience in, blockchain and/or similar technologies
- Deep knowledge of, and/or experience in, DeFi
- A demonstrated track record of truly exceptional intellectual achievement and prowess
- A demonstrated deep technical aptitude in at least one of the following areas: data science, machine learning, mathematics, game theory, computer science / software engineering, blockchain protocol development, statistics, and/or quantitative trading
It's be Great (But Not Necessary) If you Have...
- Deep knowledge of, or experience in, as many of the above areas as possible, including psychology and economics.
- Highly analytical and capable of complex and innovative problem-solving. People often describe you as “brilliant”.
- A creative thinker with the ability to ideate and conceptualize innovative products.
- Proficient in technical communication, able to articulate complex ideas clearly and persuasively both verbally as well as in writing.
- A quick learner with a passion for staying at the cutting edge of technology and finance.
- An excellent collaborator, able to work closely with leadership and cross-functional teams to bring new ideas to life.
- Passionate about blockchain and onchain finance.
- A bit of a creative rebel / maverick.
- Tackling challenging problems at the intersection of blockchain and finance.
- Working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where your ideas can significantly impact the future of finance.
- Collaborating closely with thought leaders and industry pioneers.
- Creating truly novel and innovative solutions.
You Pride Yourself On..
- Being results-driven.
- Blending “left-brain” analytics and rigor with “right-brain” creativity and intuition.
- Understanding TradFi and DeFi.
- Your ability to think critically and outside the box but also commercially.
- Your deep technical knowledge and ability to apply it in creating market-leading products.
- Being recognized by your peers as exceptionally brilliant and innovative.
If You Join Us You'll Get...
- Highly competitive compensation including salary, tokens, and/or equity (according to your preferences) — we're well-funded and believe that great talent deserves great compensation
- Small, remote-first team — you'll be an early team member helping shape our vision, culture, and engineering practices
- A+ colleagues — our team includes alumni from Goldman Sachs Digital Assets, DeFi protocols (e.g. Maker, Badger, Balancer), big tech (e.g. SpaceX, Microsoft, Salesforce), and traditional finance (Fortress, Bridgewater, Prospect)
- Best-in-class investors — we are proud to be backed by leading funds and strategics (incl. Founders Fund, Pantera, GoldenTree, Coinbase, and CoinFund) and angels (incl. founders of AngelList, Anchorage, and Aave)
- Full benefits (medical, vision, and dental) and flexible vacation policy (PTO)
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzkuNzYuMjUM