When hiring, we look for candidates who can thrive in our culture of trust, feedback, and rapid growth. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of background or identity. Our opportunities support remote, hybrid, or onsite work at our offices in New York City, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley, and we're dedicated to creating an environment where all employees can do their best work and contribute to the growth of our platform.
As the Product Lead for the Creator Team you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of how creators, brands and consumers interact with OpenSea. You will be responsible for deeply understanding the needs and aspirations of creators, while also incorporating consumer needs and insights to create user-friendly solutions that cater to both sides of the marketplace. Your role will involve developing and executing a comprehensive product strategy and vision that not only empowers creators, but also resonates with consumers. We are looking for someone who has startup experience, understands the value NFTs provide to creators, and has experience managing cross functional teams with internal and external stakeholders across engineering, design, business development, marketing and operations. You will collaborate with a world-class team to bring your vision to life, ensuring that the creator experience on OpenSea is intuitive, user-friendly, and tailored to the specific needs of artists, game developers, and other major content creators.
Product Managers at OpenSea work with users, developers, designers, and other stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and solve the most pressing problems for our business. A great fit for this role will be someone who evaluates problems from a 'first-principles' mindset, is intensely curious, maniacally detail-oriented, and cares deeply about the craftsmanship of a well-designed user experience. Above all, we want the individual in this role to develop a clear understanding of our user so that the product work we take on can be passed through that lens. We would like to hire someone for this role who can create internal momentum around a product roadmap we reach consensus on, but make data-driven and customer-driven suggestions when we need to alter our course.
- Interface directly with top partners, brands, and emerging creators to deeply understand their needs and goals, ultimately translating these insights into user-friendly and scalable product experiences
- Define the strategic framework and vision for the creator pillar, encompassing the entire spectrum of creation and consumption experiences across initiatives such as primary drops and minting, secondary collection pages, allowlist mechanics and more
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, marketing, and operations, to define and execute the product roadmap for creator-focused features and tools
- Make use of data and analytics to inform product decisions, including tracking success criteria for new features we launch and designing dashboards from which we can extract product insights
- Conduct and summarize user research in the form of user interviews, surveys, monitoring of customer feedback channels, and session data
- Iterate over design concepts with our designers based on findings from user interviews
- Work closely with developers and engineering managers to ensure new product initiatives have been de-risked from an engineering perspective and scoped down to the highest-impact, lowest-effort solution to the problem
- Ensure we maintain a high bar for quality in the work that we ship by remaining attentive to high-severity bugs and ensuring our bug triaging system is running smoothly
- Relevant product management experience with demonstrated success owning key product initiatives
- A technical background or fluency with engineering concepts in order to clearly communicate product needs to engineers
- Strong understanding of the NFT space and the needs of creators within the ecosystem
- Experience conducting user interviews and translating insights from those sessions into feature ideation
- The ability to abstract away complexity, both in the context of feature scope and in creating intuitive experiences for our users
- Experience developing a product roadmap at a growth-stage company and tracking progress towards those initiatives
- Comfort collaborating and communicating with developers at various levels of seniority to ensure product requirements are met
- Experience moving new feature ideas effectively and expediently through an entire product development cycle, ensuring a smooth roll-out of new work that does not introduce regression
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in learning about new markets and business domains; blockchain knowledge is not a prerequisite for this position, but we expect the individual hired for this role to be interested and capable of ramping up quickly on this domain
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $175,000 to $270,000 plus benefits & equity.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMTguMjA2LjEzLjIwMwM