Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Data and analytics are central to all of our business functions and drive many of our most important decisions at Gemini. The Analytics team is responsible for data architecture, data engineering, business intelligence, machine learning, and data governance functions that shape the way data is stored and leveraged across Gemini. Data engineers and Machine Learning engineers make up the Analytics team are responsible for building the primary decision support system that derives continuous value by enabling individuals and various functional groups to make data driven informed decisions via our reliable data processes, data products and advanced analytics ability. The projects executed by the team cover a wide-range of topics including user acquisition and customer journey, cryptocurrency performance, product analytics, order book analytics, risk analytics, enabling automated and scalable blockchain based reconciliation systems, building predictive models all the way to enabling anomaly and fraud detection.
The Role: Senior Analytics Engineer
As a member of our data team, you'll deliver high quality work while solving challenges that impact the whole or part of the team's data architecture. You'll update yourself with recent advances in the Big data space and provide solutions for large-scale applications aligning with team's long term goals. Your work will help resolve complex problems with identifying root causes, documenting the solutions, and implementing Operations excellence (Data auditing, validation, automation, maintainability) in mind. Communicating your insights with leaders across the organization is paramount to success.
- Design, architect and implement best-in-class Data Warehousing and reporting solutions
- Partner with product managers, data engineers and other functions to drive insights for the firm
- Design, automate, build, and launch scalable, efficient and reliable data pipelines into production using Python
- Build real-time data and reporting solutions
- Design, build and enhance dimensional models for Data Warehouse and BI solutions
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve production and data issues
- Create test plans, test scripts and perform data validation
- Tune SQL queries, reports and ETL pipelines
- Build and maintain data dictionary and process documentation
- Research new tools and technologies to improve existing processes
- 4+ years experience developing a BI applications (Tableau/Looker/Power BI, etc)
- Advanced skills with Python and SQL are a must
- 5+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 5+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience building real-time data solutions and processes
- Experience with one or more MPP databases(Redshift, Bigquery, Snowflake, etc)
- Experience with one or more ETL frameworks (Custom, DBT, Databricks, etc)
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Strong software engineering skills in any server side language, preferable Python
- Experienced in working collaboratively across different teams and departments
- Strong technical and business communication
- Proficient in Developing LookML
- Proficient in Python
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets, banking or exchanges
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $136,000 - $190,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.