BVNK is a next-generation payments platform. We’re on a mission to make payments as accessible as the internet. We bridge traditional and digital finance to make payments borderless, fast, and secure. Using our platform, businesses can incorporate stablecoins into their payment flows, and send and receive payments anywhere in the world.
We are a diverse team spread across the UK, Europe, and Africa. We share the belief that distributed ledger technology presents the future of payments, and BVNK will be at the forefront of this shift. We’re looking for smart, ambitious people to help us build a more inclusive financial system.
We're incredibly honoured to have made Newsweek's list of the top 100 Global Most Loved Workplaces for 2023.
At BVNK we strive to create an environment where people are empowered, and being recognised at number 25 on the list is a nice reminder that we're on the right track.
About the role:
Location: We offer a Hybrid/Remote working policy which allows us to hire across EMEA.
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Core Markets Unit and help build out seamless cross-border payments involving both crypto and fiat currencies. Traditional methods have often resulted in customers grappling with high transaction fees, lengthy delays, and the rigidity of having to choose between fiat and crypto transactions. With our innovative solution, we aim to break down these barriers by allowing a fluid interchange between crypto and fiat currencies. This hybrid solution will empower our customers to make international payments in their preferred format, whether it be entirely in crypto, entirely in fiat, or a mix of both. By enhancing the interoperability between these two transaction modes, we aim to accelerate transaction speed, reduce associated costs, and create a more user-friendly experience. Your role as a Senior Engineer will be pivotal in building this sophisticated, user-centric platform that harmoniously merges the realms of crypto and traditional finance.
Our product and engineering organisation is split into small autonomous squads empowered to own their problem space. You’ll be expected to form strong opinions and execute in a fast but sustainable way, advocating for the simplest solution that achieves the outcomes our customers are looking for.
- Collaborate with our product team to iterate fast and deliver results
- Translate from technical to non-technical with stakeholders across the business
- Advocate for the simplest but most effective approach in everything we do
- Ensure our products are built in a future proof way
- Contribute to our engineering culture and standards to help us perform better
This role could be a great opportunity if you:
- Are excited by complex problems in a constantly evolving industry
- Are comfortable with a fast paced and often ambiguous environment
- Proven experience as a Backend Developer in a similar role, preferably in the FinTech industry.
- Expertise in Java and Springboot.
- Experience in building and maintaining APIs and services.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to work independently or in a team.
- Good understanding of financial services, particularly in payments and trading.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with distributed ledger technology or blockchain is a plus.
- Are data driven, using analytical skills to make pragmatic decisions
- Previous experience with banking integrations is a plus.
What you can expect from us:
- Fair and competitive salary at every stage of your growth
- Meaningful ownership in the business through our employee option scheme
- Flexible working hours, with hybrid working at its heart
- A culture built on passionate growth minded people
- A flexible approach to holiday
- Opportunities to travel to our offices around the world, in locations such as London and Cape Town, to collaborate with your colleagues
- An open and creative environment where you can help us define the future of BVNK, it’s culture, and it’s opportunity sets
At BVNK, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. While you may not meet all of our requirements, we’d encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of our expectations. You may be a great fit for this role or another role in our team.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk2Ljg2M
This job is closed
Compensation: $81k - $102k *
Location: 00 Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: