Luno is the crypto investment app you can rely on, enabling you to buy, store and explore crypto securely. We’re committed to putting the power of cryptocurrency in everyone's hands sensibly and responsibly.
Since 2013, we’ve helped millions of people around the world invest safely in crypto. We do this by cutting through the hype and supporting customers at every step of the way. All products and cryptocurrencies on our platform must first meet stringent legal, risk and technical security standards. We don’t do memecoins.
Transparency is key for us. Luno stores all crypto on a 1:1 basis and we have rigorous processes in place so you can be confident your investment is secure. We’re available in more than 40 countries around the world and we work closely with respective regulators in all of these markets to be fully compliant, as we believe this is the best way to help everyone, everywhere, invest safely.
The role in a nutshell:
We're building teams to help us succeed in our mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system. You’ll be joining a group of highly motivated software engineers who you’ll work collaboratively with across our pods.
As a fast-growing company with offices around the world, you’ll immediately see how your contributions directly impact both our internal users and client experience. Many of the problems we are solving result in trail blazing solutions which can’t be found on Stack Overflow; so we’re looking for engineers who flourish working in a complex domain.
Your mission will be:
- Build distributed microservices that are accessed by 10m customers from across the globe.
- Design, build and maintain advanced applications services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Write testable, maintainable code for robustness and reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Write code that directly affects users, the company and the Bitcoin ecosystem.
A little about you:
- A proven background in computer science in areas such as algorithms, data structures, and software design.
- Extensive programming experience in Backend based technologies. Go(lang) is preferable.
- A continuous improvement mindset.
- BSc/MSc/PhD in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience.
- To be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed.
Don’t be put off if you don’t tick all of the boxes – they’re a guide based on what we’d love to see
What stack we work on:
- Kotlin, Swift & Angular
- Go(lang), gRPC
- Kubernetes (EKS), Docker
- CloudFlare, CloudFront, nginx
- MySQL (RDS), Redis (ElastiCache), etc
- Prometheus, Grafana, CloudWatch, Jenkins
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Access to Learnerbly and Code Academy
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjA0LjE2OS4yMzAM
This job is closed
Compensation: $90k - $100k *
Location: WC Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
This job is closed
Benefits: Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: