Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What Youâll Get For Joining:
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2022 was in Lisbon!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
**Temporary short term contractors do not receive the above benefits
<strong>About The Role:</strong></p>
Are you passionate about creating open-source software and being a part of a global community of like-minded developers who collaborate, learn from each other, and push the boundaries of innovation? Is the developer experience something you care deeply about and have strong opinions on what makes the best experience possible for software engineers? Does the spirit of decentralization burn inside you? If so, this role might be for youâ¦
We are looking for someone to join our Developer Relations team who wants to help shape the future of the open web as we build out a fully decentralized Blockchain Operating System. As a DevRel Engineer, youâll work closely with multiple engineering teams, project managers, and our developer community to help ensure we create the best developer experience possible.
We are revolutionizing the way developers collaborate and build decentralized web applications, so having strong JS/TS knowledge and experience building full-stack web applications with modern libraries such as React & Next.js is a must. Youâll be actively using our stack to build example apps, smart contracts, as well as testing new features while providing feedback to our product and engineering teams.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Writing documentation, including guides, tutorials, and reference docs.
- Actively engaging with the community, recognizing pain-points and building new examples, dev tooling, and infrastructure to ensure they succeed.
- Working closely with our dev community, supporting developers and entrepreneurs who want to build on our platform, helping them to solve their problems or get onboard.
- Collaborating with the open source community by engaging with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, and facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities
- Iterating with the community to improve our documentation, making it more clear and accurate.
- Some days the position will require you to help our developer community with their code, while other days it will involve creating new applications and tooling from scratch.
- Revolutionizing the way we build, share, and utilize technology.
- Contributing to the creation of a more equitable and resilient digital landscape.
- Helping us harness the transformative potential of open source and decentralization, and redefine the way people interact with the digital world
What We're Looking For:
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms, being able to bridge the gap between core blockchain engineers and web developers.
- Experience and genuine interest in building and documenting developer-facing tools.
- Ability to learn new technologies, languages, APIs, and SDKs quickly.
- A clear passion for both creating software and engaging with live communities.
- A love of working with other developers, with passion to teach people and patience to mentor newcomers.
- Demonstrated experience writing well-structured, clean, maintainable code.
- Remote-friendly working skills.
- Availability to travel abroad to participate in conferences and our annual team offsite.
- Demonstrated experience building production-level applications in rapid iteration, high-quality environments.
- Previously worked with end-users to improve their experience and success on a platform - this role will have a Partner Engineer component on an as-needed basis.
- While energy and enthusiasm are key, this is a position for well-experienced developers only, you absolutely need to be able to ship quality code.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- Experience in mentoring people, especially in the context of teaching.
- Experience writing dApps (Front-ends that interact with blockchains and related libraries such as web3.js or ether.js)
- Experience writing smart contracts
Hereâs What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (2 x 60 minutes)
- Meet Head of DevRel (1 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and weâll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, youâll ideally be located in North/South America timezones.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliverâso our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rareâand valuableâin this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.