About CoinDesk Indices
CoinDesk Indices (CDI), a subsidiary of CoinDesk, has been the leading provider of digital asset indices by AUM since 2014. We are driven by precision, rigor, research and a desire to educate the marketplace and empower investors. CoinDesk, a media, events, data, and indices company, is the most influential and trusted platform for the global crypto ecosystem.
CDI has three distinct product lines: single-asset reference indices, broad market and sector indices, and systematic strategy indices. The CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index (XBX) has the longest index track record and underlies the world’s largest digital asset products. Our broad market and sector indices offer the most comprehensive broad market benchmarks, and our investible sectors are constructed using CDI’s industry-adopted taxonomy. Our systematic strategy indices help investors target specific outcomes.
About the Role
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will design and build operational systems and processes for critical services across CoinDesk Indices. In this role, you will have direct input on how we scale, secure, and monitor our products and platforms throughout the entire organization.
We have a growing infrastructure footprint which means we need to hire an experienced lead to run point on our DevOps; someone with the wisdom and experience to build mature operational processes for the future. If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Design and build operational systems and process for critical services across CoinDesk Indices
- Lead / drive / participate in the design, automation, administration, and security aspects of our AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Develop Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to automate infrastructure provisioning, deployment, and administration using Terraform
- Improve and manage CI/CD Pipeline
- Design and implement Disaster Recovery & backup solutions
- Communicate, escalate, and follow up as appropriate to ensure that problems are solved, participate in an on-call rotation, and incident response.
- Partner with engineering to identify & implement improvements to the development, deployment & monitoring workflows.
- Own & maintain platforms services measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Help develop security standards and participate in security and compliance review process
- Manage vulnerability and enable security integrations into the SDLC process and CI/CD pipeline along with investigating and triaging production security alerts
- 7+ years of software and/or DevOps engineering experience, highly proficient in managing AWS Cloud Infrastructure in a distributed systems environment
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment.
- Mastery of Linux command line interface is a must
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure on AWS services
- Solid experience in Observability tooling, AWS Cloud Infrastructure/Services and Terraform is a must.
- Experience in building CICD pipelines of a large-scale enterprise application and monitoring & maintaining mission critical systems.
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar is preferred
- Experience in with Network Security in a Cloud Computing context
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Being proactive, responsible, accuracy high, ownership of the resources is a must.
CoinDesk Inc and CoinDesk Indices Inc. are committed to offering competitive compensation and benefits. The anticipated base salary for this position is $135,000 - $195,000 + discretionary annual target bonus + benefits. Offered salary may vary by geographic location, including city and state, and will be reflective of job related knowledge, skills and commensurate experience.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M
This job is closed
Compensation: $135k - $195k
Location: NY New York City, New York, United States
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: