About CoinDesk Indices
CoinDesk Indices (CDI), a subsidiary of CoinDesk, has been the leading provider of digital asset indices by AUM since 2014. We are driven by precision, rigor, research and a desire to educate the marketplace and empower investors. CoinDesk, a media, events, data, and indices company, is the most influential and trusted platform for the global crypto ecosystem.
CDI has three distinct product lines: single-asset reference indices, broad market and sector indices, and systematic strategy indices. The CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index (XBX) has the longest index track record and underlies the world’s largest digital asset products. Our broad market and sector indices offer the most comprehensive broad market benchmarks, and our investible sectors are constructed using CDI’s industry-adopted taxonomy. Our systematic strategy indices help investors target specific outcomes.
About The Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the CDI Engineering team, you will be responsible for the designing, building, and testing new and existing features on the Core Platform that empowers our business. You will collaborate closely with Engineering, Governance, Product, & Sales teams to deliver against the technical roadmap and ensure our backend services maintain high performance and scalability. Our clients utilize CDI’s products to inform their investment strategies which means platform security & reliability is mission-critical.
We’re looking for self-motivated teammates that are passionate about code quality and excited to be a part of our mission - even if you’re a crypto novice. If this sounds like you, than we’d love to hear from you!
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain new and existing backend features using Python/NodeJS
- Partner with Product, Governance, and Sales teams to deliver against product roadmap
- Define back-end requirements for tools that enhance the analysis, reporting and display of indices data. Contribute to long-form projects anchored on data visualizations and interactivity
- Collaborate with software architects and technical leads to ensure decisions are made with future scalability and reliability as top of mind
- Design and build infrastructure components that optimize for the developer experience as well as platform performance; reliability, scalability, security
- Troubleshoot and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions
- Contribute technical documentation related to software architecture, coding frameworks, components, and technical decisions + trade offs
- Participate in code reviews and thoughtfully provide constructive feedback
- Mentor fellow engineering teammates
- 6+ years of software engineering experience designing, developing, and maintaining distributed systems at scale
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
- Programming: Python (required), experience with Java and/or C++ is a plus
- Expertise with Object-Oriented principles and other software design paradigms
- Database: SQL and/or NoSQL
- Cloud-based development: ECS, Lambda
- Third party tools: Kafka, Redis
- Web Services/API Layer: REST/JSON
- Build/dev tools: Docker, Git
- Bonus points for familiarity with modern front end technologies and frameworks; React/NextJs
- Experience in DevOps methodologies, including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Trunk Based Development
- Well versed in Agile Methodologies with previous experience working in a Scrum environment
- Ownership, accountability, efficient verbal & written communication
- Full Professional Proficiency in English is required
Note: This is a full-time employment position. Due to the required working hours and co-location of the rest of the team, only candidates who are currently based in Colombia will be considered for this opportunity.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjA0LjE2OS4yMzAM