On the RippleX team at Ripple, we champion the builders of tomorrow by providing the infrastructure, tools, services, programs and support for creation on one of the world’s fastest, most sustainable and consistently reliable public blockchain - XRPL. By supporting an open community of developers, they can advance the solutions and innovation needed to allow businesses, consumers, institutions and governments to fuel the engine of a new digital economy.
RippleX operates on the belief that realizing the Internet of Value hinges on how easily new technology works for more people, and how effectively we can change the way the world operates today.
RippleX is helping more people participate in the digital economy through:
- Practical support and capabilities to develop applications that move digital value faster and more easily
- Empowering a community that’s democratizing the digital economy
- The expertise of a technology company that is known for vision and pragmatism
- Blockchain infrastructure that is supported by RippleX and owned by everyone
We have a big vision and the ambition to match. We are seeking the same in engineers. You also see the huge potential of this technology and have the entrepreneurial spirit and technical excellence to realize the vision we have.There is a lot of work to get there, but we are committed to building out the best team to achieve this.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work within and across RippleX engineering building and maintaining a highly scalable distributed service and data pipelines for the public
- Propose, design, implement, maintain, and optimize new feature sets, and SLA’s within the Clio product and the surrounding ecosystem
- Diving deep into performance issues to understand bottlenecks and come up with potential solutions
- Write concise system design documents leading discussions among both internal and external engineering stakeholders
- Work very closely with XRPL layer-1 protocols
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High proficiency in C++ including effective use of STL and templates
- Experience in backend or distributed systems development
- Experience working with any one of the database technologies (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Apache Cassandra, etc)
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar + 2 - 8 years of hands-on Software Development experience
- Excited about blockchains, the technical details and the potential benefits
- Ability to communicate and explain difficult technical concepts to various audiences / stakeholders
- Ability to independently solve complex problems with creative solutions
- Ability to make key trade-off decisions balancing time, quality, and scope
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience working on real-time event driven architecture
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjA0LjE2OS4yMzAM