At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) is at the forefront of innovation in both the financial and technology sectors. The Senior Technical Manager, Central Banks will play a key role both in Ripple’s engagements with central banks globally and the approach to developing, demonstrating and implementing new technical capabilities of our products. You will be working as part of the CBDC delivery team and interacting closely with multiple departments at Ripple to implement solutions that will have national and global impact.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work as part of a Ripple team with multiple clients simultaneously to understand where and how our technology can assist them in meeting their CBDC objectives
- Perform technical requirement analysis for clients and define a technical architecture, to implementation and test support to ensure the individual components are built and delivered to maintain the integrity of the overall project in line with the contract scope and solution design
- Support solution design and project management activities with expertise across our technology product set, the clients technical requirements and our approach to implementing an aligned technical solution
- Present and articulate Ripple’s technology benefits and advantages to partners in a concise, yet thorough manner
- Plan and run education sessions internally and externally as an expert in Ripple CBDC technology to improve the understanding and ability to execute initiatives using the technology, with customers this should also focus on a teach-the-teacher approach
- Provide technical design guidance on projects throughout the full lifecycle from definition and scope-setting through implementation and post-implementation review
- Ensure that the integration of Ripple technology with our partners runs smoothly and is appropriately deployed to meet the project timelines and objectives
- Troubleshoot and solve architecture and technology-related implementation issues in real-time
- Work closely with internal teams and the XRPL community to understand and have the capability to work with new enhancements, defining how these enhancements can be implemented and have an impact on clients CBDC needs.
- Develop demonstrations and proof-of-concepts to effectively present the newest and most innovative feature to CBDC audiences
- Contribute to and assess technical aspects of proposals to new prospects
- Assess technical questions in customer questionnaires and RFPs, align to the technical products and capabilities that Ripple can deliver and articulate comprehensive responses which resonate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Field queries, acting as the single point of contact for both the client and internal teams for Ripple CBDC technology, enhancements and strategic direction
- Travel commitment is approximately 20%-30%
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 8 years of overall experience, at least 5 years of functional and technical knowledge of payments and funds settlement systems (domestic and cross-border) experience is required
- Functional and technical knowledge of Central Bank systems is a bonus
- History of solving enterprise networking issues such as SSL, firewalls, and knowledge of troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to architect and deliver a secure full stack proof of concept solution for use by enterprise clients.
- Experience leading and architecting enterprise-level payment solutions
- Interest in championing and driving the development of CBDCs by working in conjunction with both internal and partner stakeholders and engineering teams
- Understanding of blockchains such as the XRP Ledger, open source protocols, or experience building distributed applications (experience building applications on new innovative blockchain functionality is a bonus)
- Experienced and comfortable working face-to-face with clients, in addition to experience with remote communication and coordination for projects and innovation initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, project planning, judgment, leadership, decision-making, written and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- You're an out-of-the-box thinker, client advocate, a doer not a just a thinker
Other common names for this role: Technical Project Manager, Technical Program Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI4LjUyLjIxM