Cupertino, California /
Software Engineering /
Full Time - Remote
Apply for this job
Founded in 2020 by former members of the Essential Products team in Silicon Valley, OSOM is a hardware/software technology start-up that prioritizes privacy. OSOM (pronounced awe-some) stands for “Out of Sight, Out of Mind.” As our mission states, we are creating products that give people access to the world without giving the world access to them. We are excited to introduce a future where our users decide how and when to share their personal information.
At OSOM, we believe privacy is a right, not a luxury or a privilege. We want to enable every individual to own their privacy. We are looking for passionate people to help us build this future.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to design, develop, test, and maintain OSOM software.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement new and modify existing framework features.
- Implement minor new user-facing features.
- Integrate and support necessary 3rd-party software and partnership solutions.
- Develop scalable and modular software to complement stellar hardware.
What We’re Looking For:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field or other type of equivalent/relevant experience.
- 2-5 years of experience in software development in application or framework development for iOS, Android, or Windows-based consumer products.
- International remote work possible.
- U.S. applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
How You’ll Stand Out:
- Experience modifying general framework or background services.
- Experience with creating and customizing user interfaces.
- Experience with software development on multiple operating systems.
- Interest and passion for architecture and development from the ground up.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $110,000-$200,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Perks You’ll Receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Maternity, Paternity, & Adoption Leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off & Holidays Including a Winter Shutdown
- Work-from-Home Stipend
At OSOM, we are committed to providing an environment fundamentally built on mutual respect; where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, nationality, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military service and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. OSOM believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a company.
OSOM is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless the employee has a medical or religious reason not to be vaccinated.
If you need any accommodations or assistance with applying for a position, please email us at [email protected].
Read more about OSOM here:
Business Insider, 9/8/22: The 53 Most Promising Crypto Startups of 2022, According to VCs
CaptainAltcoin, 9/1/22: What is Solana Mobile Stack (SMS) – How Does Solana Saga Phone Work?
Android Bytes, 7/11/22: How to build an Android phone (with GMS): "The OSOM Effort Behind Building an Android Phone (Feat. Jason Keats)"
TechCrunch, 7/7/22: Why OSOM went web3: The smartphone startup's CEO discusses the company's Solana partnership
PhoneArena, 6/26/22: The OSOM OV1 security flagship gets a new name and a new focus
PR Newswire, 6/23: Solana Mobile debuts Saga, a flagship Android phone for web3
Apply for this job
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy44MC40LjE0NwM