Aztec’s world-class cryptography team designs and builds state of the art cryptographic libraries which are relied-upon internally and by projects around the world. The successful cryptography engineering manager will oversee the day-to-day management of our cryptography engineers.
- You’ll develop operational goals of the cryptography team, based on the company’s product roadmap
- Ensuring the cryptography team delivers secure, high-quality and well-documented code on time.
- Managing the expectations of the leadership team, with regards to the timelines and features of deliverables being developed by the crypto team.
- Hosting sprint planning and retrospective sessions to improve overall technology process
- Mentor and grow engineers while conducting annual performance and compensation reviews for the team.
- Unblocking cryptography engineers
- Pairing on problems.
- Finding experts within the company to help on problems.
Desired experience and attributes:
- A background in low-level software engineering.
- Experience implementing production code as a software engineer.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers.
- Experience managing a team in a fast growing environment.
- Self starters - We expect teammates to be adaptable to meet the needs of the organization and complete the tasks at hand.
- Deep thinkers - We take the time to rigorously collect data and understand the consequences of different approaches before building the solution.
- Passion learners - We are passionate about technology and love to learn and build.
- Considerate teammates - We are mindful of how our work is interconnected and the importance of communication
Our internal tech stack:
- C++ for the core cryptography library (<-- the cryptography team works here)
- Rust for our smart contract language Noir
- Solidity for our Ethereum based smart contracts
- TypeScript for our developer toolkits
- TypeScript for our node software
- TypeScript for all higher level code. (jest, koa, ethers, react)
- WebAssembly builds of our crypto library in Web Workers for in-browser operability
- Terraform used for defining all infrastructure on AWS
- CircleCI pipeline developed for all builds and deployments
Nice to haves:
- A background in cryptography or mathematics.
- Experience implementing cryptographic software.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMTguMjA2LjEyLjE1NwM
This job is closed
Compensation: $63k - $70k *
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: