Thesis is a cryptocurrency venture studio whose mission is to empower the individual. We seek, fund, and build products and protocols in cryptocurrency and decentralized businesses that enable personal empowerment. Our projects include Keep (now Threshold) Network, a privacy protocol for public blockchains, Fold, for earning Bitcoin on your purchases in the physical and virtual worlds, Saddle, a community owned, open source stablecoin swap protocol, and Taho, a community owned and operated cryptocurrency wallet. Investors in the company include Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and Draper Associates, among others. We are a remote-first company, led by founders who have been operating in the cryptocurrency and Web3 space since 2014.
Thesis is seeking a Sr. Creative Developer to join our Labs team. Our Labs team is at the edge of discovery and validating future projects in the industry. Our goal is to identify the next big idea, project or entrepreneur to kick start their Labs incubation experience, champion through our internal validation process with the long term goal of project spin out. The initial phase begins in Labs where we evaluate the prototyping process.
As the Sr. Creative Developer, you will be building prototypes for products that challenge industry standards and push the limits of technology. The ideal candidate for this role is self directed, entrepreneurial, design savvy, and knows how to stand up a prototype quickly and efficiently. This person knows perfect is the enemy of complete, but won’t sacrifice attention to detail.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering and CEO of Thesis.
The Sr. Creative Developer at Labs will be responsible for architecting and building multiple projects from the ground up.
- You will conduct research and development on a wide range of technologies and protocols, both in and outside of Web3
- Work closely with the Labs lead, engineering, project, and design teams to create adaptable and intuitive user interfaces for our prototypes
- Stay current with the latest trends, tools, and techniques in front-end development and Web3 ecosystems, and proactively share knowledge with the team
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of front-end components with back-end systems and APIs
- Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Work well with a small team in a face-paced environment
- Be a quick learner with an ambitious and results-driven personality
- Knowledge of market validation
- Demonstrated experience bringing product development to life through prototyping
- 4+ years experience working with Typescript
- The ability to produce working prototypes under tight deadlines
- You’re a lifelong learner who loves solving problems
- You’re ambitious and have a results-driven work ethic
- You’re a communicator who can articulate the “technical” to fellow engineers as well as non-technical team members
- Your written communication skills match your verbal skills (providing us with technical or non-technical writing samples is a plus)
- Open and transparent communication with your team, including the ability to ask for help
- The ability and desire as a member of a small, growing team to foster an inclusive culture and standard
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing quick frontends with React and Material UI or Chakra
- Awareness of other common languages used in crypto (Go, Rust, C++, Solidity). We love polyglots!
- Familiarity with smart contract development (Solidity or Rust) and Web3.js or ethers.js or similar libraries for interacting with blockchain networks
- Experience with research and development, including writing technical papers and presenting at conferences, high level of detailed technical documentation
- Experience contributing to an open source product, especially in Web3
- Passion and curiosity about the evolving Web3 and crypto space
- Experience working with with entrepreneurs/founders/CEOs
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI4LjUyLjIxM