At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Due to the growth of Ripple, we are looking for a talented Sr. Payroll Manager to lead our company’s payroll activities in EMEA. The right individual will lead the development of scalable processes, oversee the payroll systems environment, and ensure timely and accurate payroll submission and reporting. Ripple’s technology is new and cutting-edge, leading to complexities in our compensation and reporting.
This role is part of our finance team and reports to the Global Payroll Director. The ideal candidate will have experience leading a payroll team in a complex and dynamic environment. To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to be organized and deadline-driven, ensuring recurring assignments are handled on a timely basis while contributing to special cross-functional projects and addressing unusual developments. This position requires a highly motivated professional with a strong drive and skillset to lead the payroll team in EMEA with compliance and improvement initiatives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead EMEA payroll operations and partnership with multiple stakeholders to provide support on payroll-related issues. Lead the year-end payroll activities
- Proactively identify areas of process improvement within the payroll operations and implement solutions to automate and streamline processes to be scalable and drive efficiencies while maintaining strong quality controls.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day payroll activities ensuring accurate & timely processing in compliance with the company's policies and local tax and labor regulations.
- Review and approve all payroll-related transactions for EMEA.
- Ensure timely filings with appropriate government authorities.
- Partner with cross-functional groups within the company, including tax operations, stock administration, and people operations teams on equity, mobility, and new business activities to ensure payroll needs are identified, considered, and communicated.
- Maintain a complete understanding of all wage and hour laws related to payroll, including garnishments, benefits, leave of absence, pension, and tax reporting for the EMEA region.
- Optimize standard procedures for payroll processing, ensuring strong internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Led the transition from ADP Streamline to ADP Celergo for EMEA payrolls.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 7+ years of work experience on international payrolls, including mobility taxes.
- 3+ years of managerial experience
- Willing to “roll up the sleeves” to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Experience with ADP Streamline, ADP Celergo, and managing payroll vendors.
- Ability to lead a team and manage the team’s workload in a SOX-compliant environment.
- Experience onboarding new payroll solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively communicating across departments and all levels.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to identify issues and propose solutions to complex or non-standard situations.
- Strong work ethic and ability to be productive and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience with payrolls larger than 1,000 employees.
- Comfortable leading teams through ambiguity and being a champion of change.
- Problem-solving and decision-making capacity in a high-growth environment.
- High emotional intelligence and ability to build and sustain relationships at multiple levels within and outside finance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders.
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs.
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when needed.
- Employee giving match.
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything >
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM