Sr. Staff/Software Engineer
Remote (U.S. based)
Apply for this job
Want to build the future of the Internet?
Overclock Labs is developing the world’s first and only decentralized cloud computing marketplace (Akash Network), enabling any data center to become a cloud provider by offering unused compute cycles in a safe and frictionless marketplace. As more of our work and play moves to the cloud, we are materializing the vision of the first decentralized cloud in an industry projected to reach $370 billion by 2022. Join the team enabling the builders of the future with greater access and freedom to expand the human experience. Our team includes renowned open source and blockchain developers, and seasoned experts from leading technology and platform companies. We are a remote-first, distributed and growing team, and offer unparalleled growth opportunities at the intersection of blockchain, cloud, and Web 3.0.
As a Sr. Staff/Software Engineer at Overclock Labs (creators of Akash Network), you will have the opportunity to contribute to the core tech stack for the world’s first truly decentralized cloud service. You will have an excellent opportunity to expand your scope and help build the Web 3.0 decentralized infrastructure of the future.
Your Sphere of Impact:
Design, develop and test of new features in the core tech stack of Akash Network (primarily Node and Provider). Implement resilient and scalable systems to achieve high reliability for the Akash blockchain. Contribute to building ops pipeline and documentation. Think creatively about attack vectors, failure handling, and other non-functional requirements.
- 8+ years of professional software development
- 5+ years working in GolangExperience with DevOps workflows
- Notable Open Source contributions in GitHubExperience building distributed systems using microservices and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience in key security concepts: cryptography, key/certificate management, identity, and access management
- Strong communication skills, specifically giving/receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
- Ability to stay communicative while working remotely and asynchronously
Nice to Have:
- Past experience with C, C++MSc or higher in Computer Science, (or BSc with relevant experience) in software engineering
- Familiarity with bash and make
- Familiarity with databases
- Familiarity with common message brokers (like redis).
Apply for this job
Cover Letter / AI Interview⬇