Stripe builds economic infrastructure for the Internet. As the usage of cryptocurrency grows worldwide, it opens up new exciting avenues for businesses and individuals to transact and create value. We hear a growing need from developers and users in that space for better building blocks to accept payments, move funds, exchange between fiat and crypto, etc. By focusing on these problems and needs, we aim to build faster, more trustworthy, and higher quality crypto-enabled experiences.
Crypto is a brand new team at Stripe. As a Staff Engineer on the team, you will design and build the core components that we need to support crypto use cases, as well as take new experiences in development from 0 to 1. You will work across everything from web/mobile UIs to backend, payments and identity systems. Many businesses and users already rely on and trust in Stripe. This gives us a massive opportunity to be at the forefront of a new wave of innovation.
Stripe was early in supporting the crypto community, contributing to the Stellar Foundation in 2014, and that same year becoming the first major payments company to launch Bitcoin acceptance. We’re looking for experienced engineers in the cryptocurrency space, who are invigorated by the opportunity to have a major impact on how users interact with crypto. You must be comfortable dealing with lots of moving pieces; you should have exquisite attention to detail, and be comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Lay the foundation to support and inform Stripe’s crypto strategy.
- Identify and resolve long-term technical challenges across a broad range of areas, from blockchain to data storage services, from API design to user experience.
- Advise Stripe leadership on key technology and product roadmap considerations.
- Work with engineers across the company to understand when existing infrastructure can be leveraged vs. when to build in isolation.
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation.
- Teach and mentor both individual contributors and managers to become the next generation of leaders at Stripe. As a senior member on a new team, you will be looked to for guidance.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have a strong technical background including 10+ years of experience designing and engineering large-scale systems.
- Have experience developing in the cryptocurrency space.
- Have a track record of directing technical investment in new products, allowing them to grow from fledgling efforts into thriving businesses.
- Have served as the technical lead and defined the roadmap for complex projects spanning multiple teams and functions.
- Measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code.
- Internalize the best ideas from across the organization and can humbly set a vision that others are excited to get behind.
- Work well cross-functionally and earn trust from co-workers at all levels. You are often cited as the inspiration for engineers that join your team.
- Care deeply about mentoring and growing engineers. Senior engineers feel they are able to learn from you.
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzUuMTcyLjIyNC4xMDIM
This job is closed
Location: Remote in North America only
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: