WHO WE ARE:
Plug and Play is a global venture capital firm and innovation platform. Since 2014, we have invested in Pre-Seed to Series A companies across 20+ verticals. Till date, our portfolio includes 30+ Unicorns: PayPal, Dropbox, Honey, BigID, Rappi, Blockdaemon, and many more. We also supercharge the innovation of F1000 enterprises: Visa, StateFarm, Walmart, Ford, Pfizer, etc. Plug and Play has 45+ locations in 20+ countries across the world. We’re a diverse team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re actively seeking a Ventures Associate in our Crypto & Digital Assets vertical. This is a full-time position based in our Silicon Valley HQ in Sunnyvale, CA. The Ventures Associate will be responsible for sourcing and leading investments, supporting our enterprise partners, and helping grow our Crypto & Digital Assets Vertical.
- Source startups in the crypto and digital asset vertical
- Develop investment theses on emerging trends in the crypto space
- Schedule and lead pitch calls and meetings with relevant companies
- Build and maintain strong relationships with crypto VCs and industry partners
- Actively network with founders, investors, and other potential partners at industry events and conferences
- Analyze companies Pre-Seed to Series A stage startups in the blockchain, crypto and digital assets space
- Create investment memo and investment summary reports for executive decision makers
- Run financial analysis on startups historical data and projections
- Coordinate with startups to collect necessary due diligence information
- Provide insights and advice to help with investment decisions
- Manage the due diligence process between internal teams, the startups, corporate venture, and external consultants in order to follow investment timelines
- Support Plug and Play’s enterprise partners in our crypto & digital assets vertical (incl. Visa, Franklin Templeton, Cathay Financial, etc.) in their crypto innovation efforts
- Create collections of relevant startups to solve enterprise partners business needs or technology interest areas
- Schedule and facilitate introductory calls, due diligence meetings, and dealflow sessions between startups and corporate partners.
- Perform additional operational work to support the vertical team and Plug and Play Ventures as needed
- Develop and execute business development and corporate market research programs to grow Plug and Play’s Crypto & Digital Assets Vertical.
- Work in conjunction with the Vertical Director and Ventures to close corporate membership contracts and allocate resources throughout the sales cycle
- Develop and deliver presentations and proposals for prospects highlighting the advantages, features, and functions of Plug and Play
Skills & Abilities
- Communication - Must possess communication skills (verbal and written). Must be proficient with public speaking. Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - Must be able to use logical reasoning to reach
- Self-Starter - ability to start projects or plan events with minimal to no supervision
- Technical Fluency - Proficiency in GSuite, MS Office, CRM platforms, project management tools, etc.
- Teamwork - Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts and contribute towards high-impact results.
- Passion for technology - Individual with passion for technology, entrepreneurship, investments, and high-tech startups
- Project Management - ability to manage several ongoing projects with VCs, corporate partners, and startups.
BS/BA in a relevant degree (e.g. economics, computer science, finance)
Relevant work experience (e.g. investment banking, consulting, startup operations)
Knowledge and expertise in blockchain technology is highly desirable
All applications must be submitted in English
Plug and Play's current global attendance policy: 4 days at the office, 1 day home.
All offers of employment may be contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks may be conducted on all final candidates.