Who We Are
At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxy’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Bahamas, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.
Additional information about the Company's businesses and products is available on www.galaxy.com.
What We Value
We are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
The Ventures team at Galaxy has been a significant contributor to the growth of the crypto industry with 5+ years of active investment experience. Galaxy has backed 100+ portfolio companies and networks since inception—including Aleo, Axelar, Bison Trails, Celestia, Chaos Labs, Fireblocks, Gensyn, Ramp Network, and RISC Zero—and helps visionary founders in the crypto ecosystem through every stage of growth. Ventures and its portfolio companies benefit from the full force of the broader Galaxy platform including other market-leading business lines across Trading, Lending, Mining, Validator Operations, and Investment Banking.
Who You Are
The Ventures team is seeking a relentlessly passionate venture investor who will have responsibilities across the entire investment process including developing investment theses, sourcing and evaluating investment opportunities, and supporting portfolio companies. This individual will have tremendous autonomy, presenting directly to Galaxy's investment committee the most important thesis-driven, early-stage investment opportunities in the market.
What You’ll Do
- Build strong relationships with entrepreneurs
- Develop new investment theses based on deep research into emerging market trends
- Source and evaluate potential investment opportunities
- Conduct in-depth due diligence on investments and demonstrate strong investment judgement
- Help support portfolio companies to provide differentiating insight and strategic value-add
- Pitching in on various firm related projects
- Bachelors degree from top-tier university
- Relevant experience and interest in the crypto, fintech, software ecosystems
- Prior venture capital/investing experience along with experience at top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, or tech company
- A self-starter who can work independently and drive projects forward on their own
- Tireless work ethic – someone who will hustle to find great investment opportunities!
- Unwavering dedication to helping founders
- Strong and fun team player who fits in with our team’s low-ego culture
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity compensation
- Flexible Time Off (paid)
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Company-paid health and protective benefits for employees, partners, and other dependents
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks in-office
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Employee Resource Groups
- Benefits may vary depending on location.
The base salary ranges included below will be commensurate with candidate experience, expertise and local market. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise. At Galaxy, we maintain a total compensation philosophy which consists of a competitive base salary, annual bonus, and equity incentives.
Base Salary Range
$150,000 — $200,000 USD
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact [email protected].