VIDEO EDITOR INTERN
Chive Media Group is a multi-platform digital media and eCommerce company. The company’s flagship brand, theCHIVE, is home to the world’s funniest photo galleries and viral videos, reaching more than 20 million people each month and amassing over 5 billion content views annually. theCHIVE has built an incredible online/offline community through its focus on being a positive escape on the internet.
The company’s eCommerce site, The Chivery, is a content-driven commerce site that has sold over 5 million t-shirts and apparel items since its launch in 2011. The company’s 501(c)3 Chive Charities has raised over $18.5M through flash-donation campaigns for orphaned causes.
Most recently, theCHIVE teamed up with Project Venkman to revolutionize the world of NFTs and introduce solutions to the blockchain and how it interacts with eCommerce and community engagement. theCHIVE's first NFT project, the Bill Murray 1000, quickly topped the charts at Coinbase and became the "blueprint for all future celebrity NFTs" according to Forbes.
We are here to entertain the masses and help people.
About The Role
Chive Media Group is looking for a Video Editor Intern who will be a key team member during the launch, execution, and closeout of projects.
The Video Editor Intern will work closely with our Head of Production, editorial and video licensing teams with the execution of video content.
- Meeting with the Head Producer and Social team to determine edit direction
- Manipulating video footage for color correction.
- Maintaining continuity throughout your edit.
- Trimming footage and putting together the rough project.
- Inserting dialog, sound effects, music, graphics, and special effects.
- Ensuring the project follows a logical sequence.
- Consulting with the Head Producer throughout the project.
- Creating the final cut for delivery.
- Experience with editing software, including Adobe Premiere.
- Bonus software knowledge: After Effects, Lightroom, and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with storytelling through video.
- Ability to take creative feedback and direction.
- Ability to work autonomously.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive hourly salary.
- Our HQ sits on the water's edge in beautiful downtown Austin, with hiking and biking trails at our back door