Job Title: Communications Officer - Sustainable Finance
Number of Vacancies: 1
Role Nature: Voluntary (unpaid)
Estimated Time Requirements: 3 - 4 days per month on average
The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteer-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
We are looking for a communications professional VOLUNTEER who is keen to play a progressive role in the climate action community with a focus on sustainable finance.
The Communications Officer - Sustainable Finance will sit within Research Division I (Sustainable Finance) to provide communications insights and support the creation of content from the division. They will also be required to distill and create relevant content in contribution to the wider BCI Communications Strategy, working closely with the BCI Communications Division (under the External Affairs Bureau).
The ideal candidate should have a passion for story-telling and generating interesting content.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To ensure all external materials including research papers, presentations for clients and external conferences are of publication quality and aligned with BCI key messages;
- To support content planning and development focused on sustainable finance, for the various communications channels including website, blog, and social media;
- To perform target audience research for insights on BCI’s target audience in the sustainable finance sector for the purpose of executing successful communications activities;
- To support Research Division I’s external materials for events including major industry events such as COP26;
- To maintain a strong knowledge of developments in the sustainable finance sector to ensure BCI content is on the pulse and engaged in trending conversations.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Complete fluency in English and an engaging writing >
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Demonstrated flexibility;
- Good grasp of storytelling for sustainable finance topics;
- Knowledge (or interest in learning)about sustainable finance emerging concepts such TCFD, standards (e.g. SASB, GRI), and more;
- Knowledge (or interest in learning) about FinTech, such as Artificial Intelligence, Distributed Ledgers, etc. ● Proven understanding of communication channels (e.g. social media);
- Confident communicator;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance competing demands under pressure.
General & Specialist Knowledge
- Proficient knowledge of sustainable finance and general finance.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and G Suite, and prior experience using communication channels such as Slack.
- A keen interest in topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance, and blockchain technology.
Education & Training
- A relevant degree or experience in Communications.
- Minimum 3 years in a relevant communications role of a finance organization;
- Experience working in a target-driven role;
- A portfolio of exceptional writing and editing;
- Experience working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using one's own initiative.
This is a great first step to take to gain experience for an industry change into climate action and/or emerging tech. It is also a great opportunity for those wanting to take some time to get involved in changing the world and work with like-minded people.
Blockchain and other emerging technologies. Climate change and sustainability. These are two hot topic groups that have been headlining media outlets, dominating conferences & events, and gaining increasing traction in research and pilot projects. BCI is here as an expert platform to help governments, inter-governmental and regional organizations as well as relevant corporates to negotiate the complex landscape of emerging technologies for environmental good. We cement our expertise by putting in the hard work in researching, identifying, and analyzing the applications of emerging technologies so that informed decisions can be made by the stakeholders in the climate change and action network.
The BCI Communications team aims to tell the BCI story and our role in driving innovation to mitigate climate change and create a cleaner and greener future. As a think-tank and advocacy group for such a major issue, we understand the importance of being a credible expert and advisor which is why it is essential to demonstrate our research-driven approach to the relevant stakeholders.
Benefits you will get from volunteering with BCI are enormous and some include:
- Your mind will be mentally stimulated, hence providing you with a sense of purpose;
- You will advance and boost your professional career by helping you to make professional connections and giving you real-world experience at the intersection between climate and emerging technologies; and
- Help you develop long-lasting professional relationships with others. People who come together to make the world a better place forge a close connection
As a voluntary organization, we are pleased to open the door for candidates who may not have the prior experience they need to start, progress, or switch their careers. To recruit the most suitable, talented, or potential new members out of the volume of applications received, it is the BCI’s policy to also consider inexperienced candidates to fill our voluntary unpaid roles as long as they can demonstrate the skills required in the written assessment. In the selection process, most candidates will be invited to complete the following assessment.
Section A: Verbal and Numerical Reasoning (20 multiple-choice questions)
Section B: Situation Judgement Test (20 multiple-choice questions)
Section C: In-Tray Exercise (An open-ended assessment relevant to the duties of the role)
Candidates who pass all three sections will be invited to attend a phone screening, first interview, and final interview online.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMTguMjA2LjEzLjIwMwM