The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
We are looking for a passionate volunteer and programme director who takes a strategic approach to their work, builds professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and orchestrates diverse divisions to effectively and successfully implement a wide array of exciting and impactful projects. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, you will handle cross-divisional project coordination matters such as the identification and evaluation of institute-level project opportunities, integrated cross-division programme planning and project management, etc.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To develop programme strategy, implementation and evaluation plan in alignment with BCI’s overall strategy;
- To coordinate projects with a diverse global team, including officers from research divisions, communications and capacity-building divisions;
- To engage and build relationships with relevant stakeholders to achieve synergy;
- To foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment, promote effective communication, knowledge sharing and critical reflection among teams;
- To identify key milestones and facilitate reflection and collective learning with diverse divisions and project partners;
- To work closely with senior management to foresee and tackle potential risks and develop mitigation strategies;
- To resolve potential conflicts and issues that arise during project implementation and foster a solution-based approach;
- To develop a programme team for overall programme execution and monitoring; and
- To prepare comprehensive reports, presentations, and documentation to communicate project status, achievements, and challenges to key stakeholders.
Skills & Abilities
- Share the cause of BCI and be excited to work collaboratively for a climate-positive future.
- A natural collaborator, effective working functionally, internally, and externally.
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to motivate and inspire team members, and effective delegation and coordination are necessary.
- Being able to analyse complex problems, identify innovative solutions, and make data-driven decisions is vital.
- Positive, inclusive, and learning mindsets are highly valued.
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively.
- Accountable to manage your own work and meet project delivery deadlines.
General & Specialist Knowledge
- Strong understanding of the broad fields of knowledge related to climate change, sustainability, climate finance and blockchain technology preferred.
- Understanding the business aspects of blockchain and climate actions, including market dynamics, regulatory frameworks, and funding opportunities, is beneficial.
- Cultural sensitivity, adaptability, and the ability to navigate diverse perspectives and time zones.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office; and project management apps.
Education & Training
- A relevant degree or postgraduate qualification in a sustainability-related discipline, such as computer science, environmental studies, business administration, or project management.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing sustainability initiatives and projects.
- Experience in building constructive relationships with a diversity of stakeholders, such as UN agencies, governmental organizations, academic institutions, corporations, and civil society; and
- Experience in managing remote or distributed teams is a plus.
This is a great first step to take to gain experience for an industry change into climate action and/or emerging tech. It is also a great opportunity for those wanting to take some time to get involved in changing the world and work with like-minded people in a prominent global event with ministerial delegations and renowned thought leaders on climate change in the world.
Blockchain and other emerging technologies. Climate change and sustainability. These are two hot topic groups that have been headlining media outlets, dominating conferences & events, and gaining increasing traction in research and pilot projects. BCI is here as an expert platform to help governments, inter-governmental and regional organisations as well as relevant corporates to negotiate the complex landscape of emerging technologies for environmental good. We cement our expertise by putting in the hard work in researching, identifying and analysing the applications of emerging technologies so that informed decisions can be made by the stakeholders in the climate change and action network.
The BCI Communications team aims to tell the BCI story and our role in driving innovation to mitigate climate change and create a cleaner and greener future. As a think-tank and advocacy group for such a major issue, we understand the importance of being a credible expert and advisor which is why it is essential to demonstrate our research-driven approach to the relevant stakeholders.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjIwLjI0OS4xNDEM
This job is closed
Compensation: $91k - $150k *
Location: England London United Kingdom
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: