For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
About Crypto.com Arena
Since its November 1999 Grand Opening, the AEG owned, and operated Crypto.com Arena has set industry standards for world-class sports and entertainment events and an unrivaled commitment to delivering to its fans best-in-class quality of service and a guest experience second to none. As the home of four professional sports franchises – the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and LA Clippers, the NHL’s LA Kings and the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks – the downtown Los Angeles arena has proven to be a home court advantage for the local teams who have earned nine championships since moving to the L.A. LIVE adjacent venue. For more than 23 years, the iconic sports and entertainment showplace has continued to distinguish itself as the host of numerous major, high-profile events of national and international distinction including the 2004, 2011 & 2018 NBA All-Star Games, 2002 & 2017 NHL All-Star Games, 2000 Democratic National Convention, 2009 World Figure Skating Championships and 20 of the last 22 GRAMMY Awards shows. Crypto.com Arena has also been marked with performances and special events that brought international stature to the award-winning venue including concerts starring Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Prince, U2, Paul McCartney, Garth Brooks, Usher, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Keith Urban, Roger Waters, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Kendrick Lamar, Michael Bublé, Carrie Underwood and Justin Timberlake, as well as world championship boxing, family shows and special events.
The Accountant-Settlement will be responsible for a variety of daily and monthly financial accounting duties including all settlement account reconciliations and analysis, preparation of journal entries and related monthly close documents, financial records maintenance and monthly financial reporting. The position requires general knowledge of accounting principles.
- Reconciles settlement A/R and A/P control accounts to detail aging.
- Reconciles settlement cash receipts and disbursements.
- Creates and inputs settlement journal entries.
- Prepares event settlements.
- Codes receipts and disbursements into the general ledger.
- Maintains and audits box office ticket sales reports.
- Inputs, maintains and audits parking sales.
- Processes weekly payroll for all event staff and enter wage garnishments into ABIMM payroll system.
- Performs other functions as delegated by the Director of Finance.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
- Minimum of 2-4 years related experience;
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Strong analytical skills and must be attentive to details.
- Proficient knowledge of accounting software systems.
- Must have basic knowledge of accounting principles and theory (debits and credits, accrual accounting, matching principle, materiality, balance sheet versus P&L accounts, etc.) and able to put this theory into practice.
- Ability to multitask on various daily duties and ad-hoc assignments
- Ability to access and accurately input information using JD Edwards.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to shift priorities considered necessary to accomplish prioritized tasks in a high-paced, results oriented environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Experience in a team, high-paced results oriented environment
- Experience with high-end accounting systems such as JD Edwards, Oracle, PeopleSoft, or SAP
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMTk3LjEwOC4xNjkM