Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial and regulatory compliance in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, risk and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting-edge tools and processes.
The Role: Associate, Compliance
As a Compliance Associate at Gemini, you will be tasked with helping to develop Gemini UKâs regulatory compliance framework. You will need to have an understanding of applicable legislation, regulations and guidance covering regulatory compliance processes, with experience in safeguarding, regulatory reporting, financial promotions and customer complaints a plus. This position will have frequent interaction with Geminiâs senior management, outsourced service providers, auditors, and multiple departments within Geminiâs organization.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and quick learner who is comfortable working within the fast-paced environment of a growing FinTech firm. We seek a motivated individual with a drive to operate in a high-growth environment and with strong experience in regulatory compliance. Geminiâs Compliance team is constantly evolving and developing new operations and controls. In this role, you will contribute to that development by rolling up your sleeves and building the future of money, while being an integral part of a best-in-class compliance department.
- Assist in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of regulatory compliance processes
- Support the development of policies, procedures and processes related to regulatory compliance
- Assist with issue management, tracking and remediation of issues resulting from incident reports, compliance monitoring and internal/external audits
- Review customer complaints received from regulators/ombudsman, perform the research and resolution of such complaints, and support the root-cause analysis required to resolve any systemic issues identified
- Assist in preparing for internal and external audits, developing regulatory compliance management information, and preparing regulatory reports
- Track new or revised regulations and industry consultations, perform gap analyses and assist with the implementation of internal procedures and processes to ensure compliance
- Assist management in the development and delivery of regulatory compliance training
- Assist on regulatory compliance projects with the opportunity to assist on other compliance projects
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders across the enterprise to address any compliance related issues
- Balance numerous projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business-specific projects, as required
- Act as a UK subject matter expert on UK legislation and regulations
- BA/BSc/LLB degree or international equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on regulatory compliance
- Experience of the UK regulatory regime, with the ability to quickly pick up new concepts
- Experience working in a regulated finance or fintech industry
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret regulatory requirements
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building abilities
- Experience in working collaboratively across different teams and departments
- Good organizational skills and time management
- Curiosity with a willingness to learn and a team player
- Flexible mindset and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and assist in various compliance functions as needed
- Flexibility working across multiple projects and tasks in a fast-growth environment
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.