About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clientsâ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Role: Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
As a Associate Director, FP&A in the Global CTO organization, you will be responsible for shaping and managing strategic finance initiatives and for providing financial support to strategic product and business growth initiatives. You will be responsible for providing highly data-driven support and complex modeling to enable fact-based decision making to Geminiâs diverse product lines. Your analysis will help product and engineering leaders understand the financial impact of their product roadmaps, pricing decision, costing models, and PnL impacts. This role also includes a reporting component which will require analysis and reporting to understand if desired returns have been achieved. As part of this role, you will be building pricing models for our products on a regular basis to optimize market fit for our product lines. You from time to time might get involved in Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) related financial analysis too. You will provide compelling and well-researched analysis to shape strategic product and pricing decisions. This is an individual contributor high-impact role, but for the right candidate, it can evolve into a people leader role in 1-2 years. This role will be based out of our India office in Gurugram (Gurgaon).
This role will provide you with an excellent understanding of Crypto and Web3 in a large number of geographies. Although past experience in web3 and crypto industry is not necessary, you should be excited to learn quickly on associated data and business models of new age technologies like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- Assist in the building of our financial projections tied to our product lines and in the process build current and forecasted PnL per product and per geography
- Closely partner with our Product Management and engineering leaders on building revenue, cost, and pricing models to feed into product level PnLs
- Deliver business models driving key insights for making critical business decisions across product lines
- Perform ad hoc what-if scenario analysis for variable decision making
- Build a solid understanding of our customers and the requisite KPIs needed to effectively run the business
- Build reports headcount-related reporting, the annual operating plan PnL, write detailed pricing documents
- Develop and deliver executive level presentations on projects and investments
- Bachelorâs degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of professional experience in a financial planning/strategic advisory (Consulting or Investment Banking)/ operations analysis position
- Direct experience using financial systems, ideally with NetSuite
- MBA or CPA
- Strong excel or excel-like data modeling tools
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g. SQL, NetSuite, Looker) and providing recommendations based on results of ad hoc analysis to management for strategic decision-making
- Ability to think and influence both quantitatively and qualitatively, comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong and data-oriented written and verbal communication. This role will require writing strategy and planning documents
- Knowledge of FinTech products or audit, financial and/or risk management products is a strong plus. Exposure and understanding of the crypto space will be an added advantage
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.