Leading-edge gaming studio looking for a talented concept artist who can adapt to the unique art >
We are developing Ember Sword, a groundbreaking platform-agnostic and Free-to-Play MMORPG Game set in a player-driven fantasy universe, with digital collectible cosmetics and a blockchain-enhanced economy.
It’s a universe where the players control the world through true land ownership. A game in which all valuable cosmetic items are tokenized as scarce non-fungible crypto-collectibles, which are acquired by players through gameplay objectives, instead of sold through loot boxes. With a fan community spanning more than a hundred thousand people, a strong advisory board, a $2M investment round this year, and a very successful first land sale campaign ($1.5M) that sold out in just a few hours, Ember Sword is aiming high and growing fast.
As a concept artist working at Bright Star Studios, you will be designing and implementing artistic concepts and features inside our proprietary game engine in close collaboration with the design and art team, and the devs.
- You are able to communicate your ideas visually
- You have experience creating concept art for 3D artists for turning into in-game assets
- You can create highly polished illustrative artworks for promotional purposes
- You have a solid understanding of bipedal and quadruped anatomy
- You are able to create stylized artworks consistent with the game's art direction
- You have a good eye for good composition, levels/values, shading, palettes, etc.
- You have knowledge about various forms of architecture
- You have experience creating artwork for animatics / 2D animation
- You are willing to relocate to Denmark (Aarhus or Copenhagen) or able to convince us that you won't have to.
The GOOD TO HAVEs
- Genuine love for MMOs and/or RPGs
- Experience in shipping a game on PC/Browser or with a team that did it
Your TO DOs
- Collaborate with an art team and art team leaders to create 2D art assets for an MMORPG
- Translate verbal ideas and descriptions into functional reference materials for 3D artists
- Quickly produce concepts of characters, weapons, architecture, and environments to be used for 3D art production
- Work on peripheral art assets such as iconography, effects, etc
- Layer high-resolution art production files in a non-destructive manner
- Adopt and learn new software and technologies when necessary
- Attend daily and weekly meetings to show and discuss your progress
- Ember Sword is developed using a custom game engine
- We have a very agile approach to development, with a very flat hierarchy
- Job starts right away (as soon as possible)
- This is a full-time position
- The work hours are flexible
The TEAM at Bright Star
Bright Star Studios started with just a few friends, their passion for gaming and their desire to build the next big MMORPG. Although it might sound crazy ambitious, Ember Sword developed into a game-changer: a free to play, modern, and truly player-driven MMORPG game with a real economy powered by the Ethereum Blockchain, and in just 2 years, Bright Star became one of the most promising gaming studios in the world. Today we are a rapidly growing team. Spread across continents, yet united in our mission to build the ultimate MMORPG experience. Gaming is the heart and soul of Bright Star Studios. The BSS team is determined, talented, hailing from diverse backgrounds and locations. Even though most of us met & worked online during the pandemic, we have forged great professional and interpersonal bonds.
We hire people who are genuinely passionate about changing the games industry for the better. Always on the lookout for exceptional talent and potential, we care about good team effort, open and friendly communication, and speaking up without reserves.
So if you want to work with extremely talented artists and rock the foundation of the gaming world together, we will welcome you with open arms.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human RMy4yMzUuMTczLjc0M