At Localcoin, we aim to empower our customers to join the crypto economy by helping them buy, sell, and convert digital currencies. In addition to running Canada’s largest Bitcoin ATM network, we offer an expanding product line that makes digital currencies far more accessible for crypto-enthusiasts in their communities.
We believe that the cryptocurrency space is one that rewards passion, creativity, innovation and those willing to challenge the status quo. As a member of our rapidly-growing team, you’ll join a talented, dynamic group of team members who will encourage you to learn, grow and thrive in your career every step of the way. So if you’re a self-starter looking to hone your skills in a startup environment that fosters innovation, transparency and team connectivity, we look forward to hearing from you.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Financial Controller, you will be responsible for full cycle accounting and operational finance deliverables while working in unison with several business departments on a weekly basis. You’ll use analytical and problem solving skills to understand large financial and data sets, executing a wide array of financial deliverables and working in a fast paced environment.
This position will be based out of our office in Etobicoke, ON with a hybrid work schedule.
- Perform full-cycle accounting duties for a group of companies
- Post daily journal entries supported by account reconciliations and back-ups
- Prepare schedules, working papers, supporting documents, and analysis to support financial statements, audits, FP&A, and projects
- Assist with delivering monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close procedures
- Audit and report on high volume crypto and cash flow using key systems and tools
- Review daily Cash-in-Transit (CIT) balances and effectively escalate outstanding cash issues with Finance and CIT partners
- Ensure accuracy and completion of the general ledger
- Process banking, crypto, and other transactions for review and approval by the Finance team and Executives
- Uphold and update accounting policies and documentation for revenue, cost of sales, inventory, fixed assets, loans, and other matters in line with latest ASPE, US GAAP & IFRS guidelines
- Comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting, licensing and tax requirements
- Imperative team player for external and statutory audit engagements
- Other analysis and ad-hoc work as requested by the company
THIS IS YOU
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration
- Working towards a CPA Designation (or pursuing in the future)
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an intermediate accountant role, executing full-cycle accounting and maintaining the general ledger, processing bank wire payments, and providing support to auditors
- Accounting and financial reporting experience with mid-size Canadian entities
- High degree of professionalism, active listening, and proactive account monitoring
- Keen ability to use analytical thinking to solve problems
- Maintain a close liaison and collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time-management skills, prioritizing and balancing multiple deliverables
- High aptitude in learning, using and auditing new technologies (systems & tools)
- Experience using QuickBooks Online
- High proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suite
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot Table, VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Formula Audit and Fixing Errors)
THIS IS NICE
- Accounting experience in the FinTech or cryptocurrency industries
- ERP implementation experience
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING AT LOCALCOIN!
We are a fast-growing company and as a result, there are ample opportunities for career growth and professional development when you join our team. From a transparent promotion structure and defined career paths to a wide range of learning and development opportunities, we do what it takes to invest in your career and help you hone your skills so you can grow alongside us!
Health & Wellness Benefits
We offer a comprehensive array of health and wellness benefits that provide choices so you can tune your benefits plan to fit your unique needs.
Events and Socials
When you join our team, you’ll enjoy everything from company-wide teaching and training days, industry events, monthly team social events and much more!
All of our team members enjoy exclusive employee discounts at all of our cryptocurrency ATMs across Canada.
Localcoin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. If you require accommodation at any stage throughout the recruitment process, please notify your recruiter.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzUuMTcyLjE2NS42NAM
This job is closed
Location: ON Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: