Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Corporate Development Principal, President & Corporate Development Office
Job Summary: The President and Corporate Development Office is a small, specialized group under development with the following roles and responsibilities:
1) Corporate Strategy, which advises the President and executive leadership team on driving, assessing, and prioritizing the long-term strategic direction and operating priorities;
2) Pokémon Group Company Relations, which supports TPCi executive leadership team in building trusting working relationships to maximize the group synergies with TPCi's affiliates, including but not limited to The Pokémon Company in Japan, Game Freak, Creatures, and Millennium Print Group;
3) Corporate Development and Innovation, which drives innovations by building a platform to test big ideas and sources and build relations with co-development partners outside TPCi.
In this role, you will play an instrumental role in building the Corporate Development & Innovation function by leading three initiatives.
1) Design, build and run the TPCi Innovation Challenge, an internal idea-sourcing platform to gather and assess TPCi employees' innovative ideas to introduce brand new Pokémon experiences (products and experiences) to the world.
2) Identify, analyze, monitor, and build relationships with external co-development partners with unique technology to support the implementation of new ideas.
3) Create a platform to test new ideas' feasibility and support iterative development by working with TPCi internal stakeholders and external co-developers. Internal stakeholders include, but are not limited to, Technology, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and People.
- This role puts you in the middle of TPCi in unprecedented growth in the company's history. The position will report to the Chief of Staff & Head of Corporate Development, directly reporting to the President of TPCi.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Lead the identification, assessment, and execution of investments, strategic projects, and partnerships to support TPCi’s long-term growth strategy.
- Source, research, and recommend potential strategic partners to the President and executive leadership team.
- Monitor and assess technology and market players and trends in gaming, media and entertainment, and related sectors.
- Establish and lead robust processes to source and assess new ideas and opportunities, including the TPCi Internal Innovation Challenges.
- Design and build a process and platform to test new ideas’ feasibility and enable iterative development.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams and business unit leaders to ensure your three initiatives make strategic sense and are operationally feasible in the long run.
- Bring in a group of advisers for the President, executive leadership team, and relevant business leaders to understand the trends and implications for the future of Pokémon businesses.
- Play a role model and advocate to enhance the innovative culture at TPCi.
- You will conduct other duties as required.
What you’ll bring
- Total work experience of 12+ years with a minimum of 7+ years in corporate development or CVC at a technology, gaming, media, or entertainment company
- Excellent business sense and ability to connect the relevance of potential partners or technologies with Pokémon’s existing assets.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Web 3, including blockchain technologies and NFT, and/or metaverse.
- Deeply connected to a network of investors and entrepreneurs in the technology sectors above (Web3 and metaverse).
- Experience in leading equity investments, JV, and/or co-development partnership transactions.
- Experience in building new products/businesses or supporting startups is a big plus.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and influence across all levels within and outside the company.
- Focuses on the long-term gain over short-term/transactional gains.
- Excellence in developing compelling and precise reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to build solid relationships and interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter with a high desire to learn and grow – highly curious with the ability to calculate risks.
- Dependable and exhibits strong professional integrity and respect for confidentiality.
- A strong personal interest in the world of Pokémon.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $150,000-$224,000. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjM5LjE0OC4xMjcM
This job is closed
Compensation: $150k - $224k
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs:
Press send to write a cover letter for this job post. Sign up and fill-up your bio to make it more personal