Join a leading fintech company thatâs democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
Weâre seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
<h2><strong>About the team:</strong></h2>
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in New York City, NY or Menlo Park, CA with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
The Crypto Operations team is passionate about delivering an excellent end-customer experience and mitigating firm risk while supporting innovative crypto products. As a crypto trading operations lead on the Trading desk, youâll serve as a technical product authority and own processes critical to maintaining Robinhoodâs crypto trading product. This includes monitoring order health and execution quality, building alerts, managing our liquidity providers, and other critical projects. Youâll be expected to provide subject-matter expertise on trade execution and crypto markets; identify optimization opportunities and partner with product and engineering teams on implementation; and design, implement, and improve operational processes and procedures pertaining specifically to crypto trading. Youâll work closely with our trading platform engineering, data science, compliance, and finance teams as well as the other operations desks (including account servicing, wallet ops, and risk).
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Taking ownership of critical business functions, such as monitoring and recording trends in order flow, spreads, and execution quality, and liaising with market makers / liquidity providers (LPs)
- Driving strategy and continuing to improve Robinhoodâs crypto trading program and execution quality, expanding the existing analytics suite and distributing actionable insights, and informing the Execution Quality Committee
- Coordinating cross-functional efforts to identify patterns of quality concerns and implement improvements in the Robinhood Crypto trading product
- Addressing trade errors and breaks
- Implementing, maintaining, and improving a process for managing risk and exposure with LPs
- Negotiating and executing ad hoc settlements with liquidity providers in both cash and cryptocurrency, including on weekends when needed
- Identifying inefficiencies in operational processes, then designing and implementing solutions
- Documenting, maintaining, and improving standard operating procedures
- Supporting settlement with liquidity providers
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years working in operations or on a trading desk at a financial services or cryptocurrency company
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency market structure, trading systems, and execution strategies
- Experience trading and transacting with cryptocurrencies, preferably on multiple platforms
- Intimate knowledge of order types, financial and market risk, and market maker operations
- Data-driven mindset, SQL skills, and experience with Looker
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and coordinate across multiple functional groups
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency operations and consumer technology
- Experience with Python or other programming languages
- Experience managing projects collaborating with technical and non-technical teams
- Experience working with senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to scale operations and processes in a fast-paced organization
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? Weâd love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, weâre looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Weâre looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If youâre ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our missionâweâd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhoodâs Benefits.