About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clientsâ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department:Consumer Experience
As a member of the Consumer Experience team, youâll work closely with Product Managers and Engineering to solve complex data problems, build analytics solutions, and deliver insights that are instrumental to delivering successful products to our customers.
The Role: Data Engineer
- Conceptualize and own the data architecture for large-scale projects, while evaluating design and operational cost-benefit tradeoffs within systems.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and data scientists to understand data needs, representing key data insights visually in a meaningful way.
- Build and maintain data dictionaries and process documentation.
- Develop new systems and tools to enable the teams to consume and understand data more intuitively.
- Optimize pipelines, dashboards, frameworks, and systems to facilitate easier development of data artifacts.
- Influence product and cross-functional teams to identify data opportunities to drive impact.
- Solve our most challenging data integration problems, utilizing optimal ETL patterns, frameworks, query techniques, sourcing from structured and unstructured data sources.
- 5+ years experience working in a data or analytics engineering role.
- Experience in designing, building, and administering modern data pipelines within data warehouses.
- Advanced SQL skills, with experience transforming raw data into clean models, optimizing SQL performance, and troubleshooting & improving others' code.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts (e.g. ELT, schema management, materialization) and data modeling concepts (e.g. Star Schema).
- Experience with Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift.
- Experience with one or more MPP system (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Databricks, etc).
- Experience with business intelligence solutions (Looker, Tableau, Periscope, Mode).
- Experience analyzing data to identify gaps and inconsistencies.
- Experience in working collaboratively across different teams and departments.
- Knowledge and practical application of Python.
- Experience working autonomously in with distributed teams.
- Experience influencing product decisions with data.
- Experience working with AWS technology stack.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.