Consensys Software’s mission is to create the new internet. We are a blockchain technology company building infrastructure, tools and applications to enable developers and enterprises to build Web3. Focused on Ethereum, the world’s largest blockchain, our technology enables our customers to harness the value of blockchain and consensus based systems.
The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
We are looking for a Director of Accounting Operations who is motivated to help build the accounting infrastructure and processes that will support growth in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to and working with the Global Controller, this person is comfortable and confident in a high growth company where structure, procedures, and policy are in development, familiar with a fast pace, and is able to prioritize in building a scalable, efficient accounting and reporting function.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist in all things accounting: lead the monthly close process, managing resources and timelines to ensure the timely and accurate preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations and analysis to support financial results
- Lead NetSuite integration efforts, must have a solid understanding of how systems operate in regard to existing and future integrations, and use this knowledge to develop, drive and create system improvements in accordance with business requirements.
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly and quarterly internal management reporting, focusing on delivering timely, accurate and meaningful information to stakeholders.
- Partner with the international accounting function to complete intercompany reconciliations, FX consolidation
- Partner with operations teams to ensure record from user experience through to financial statements
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 10+ years of experience in public accounting and/or in-house corporate accounting
- Experience working at multinational companies, with management of international transactions in multiple currencies.
- Knowledge of US GAAP & controlling, preferably with an experience in a SaaS or software development business
- A Bachelor’s degree in business management, with a focus on finance, accounting or controlling, ideally coupled with a CPA/ACCA or equivalent degree
- Strong NetSuite implementation/integration experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented and hands on
- Excellent math, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel and G-Suite skills
Helpful but not required:
Basic understanding and passion for blockchain technology (industry experience preferred)
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD108,000 - $USD220,000
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M
This job is closed
Compensation: $108k - $220k
Location: UNITED STATES - Remote
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: