Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
Our mission is to create Blockchain infrastructure for the Decentralised Web.
From the Substrate blockchain framework to Polkadot, the sharded protocol enabling blockchains to operate seamlessly together at scale, Parity builds the foundation of Web 3.0.
Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests and incentives often conflict with our own. If we want the benefits of using their proprietary apps, we’re forced to agree to terms that most of us will never read, granting these companies far-reaching control over our digital lives.
At the same time, progress in open-source and decentralised technologies like blockchain has shown that we can build systems that prioritise individual sovereignty over centralised control. With these new technologies, there’s no need to trust any third parties not to be or become evil.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers to create this next wave of better products and services. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralised web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society for our future.
About The Role:
We are seeking an exceptional Director of People Operations to lead our People Operations team. This role is pivotal within the People journey experience, as it provides solutions for enhanced engagement, enables minimal administration, improves experience through people analytics and optimises processes via tooling. We want a reformer who is focussed on excellence in delivery of people services.
Reporting to the VP People & Operations, you will be dedicated to driving the development of a world class, collaborative people operations team. You’ll be part of the People Leadership team and will be a thought partner for the VP and others. With offices in London, Berlin, Lisbon (Singapore coming soon) and remote teams spread across 40+ countries, this is a unique challenge for an experienced leader.
You’ll need to be a resilient, thoughtful and excellent leader with very strong communication skills. Expect to contribute towards projects which sit across the People Department (People Ops, People Partners, Comp & Bens and Culture) and beyond.
About the Team:
You’ll be joining a committed team of 8 People Ops professionals, comprised of a Lead, People Ops Managers and HR administrators. They cover the full spectrum of People Ops duties, from contract creation, onboarding, offboarding, entity advice, to risk management, HR project management, compensation reviews etc. The team itself is part of a larger department, which also includes our People Partners and Culture Team.
- Onboard, develop, engage, support, celebrate and reward the people needed to build the future of Web 3.0 tech
- Lead our expert People Ops team through mentorship, guidance and solid project management to meet the needs of the business
- Own, enhance, and manage the best team to deliver exceptional customer service to all at Parity
- Analyse, propose, drive, and iterate on our global workforce strategy to support our global workforce
- Create, enhance, and successfully communicate global and regional processes and policies, as appropriate, for grievance procedures, offboarding, and a plethora of other high impact domestic and international employment policies and procedures
- Own and interrogate tech solutions for people ops delivery, especially AI and process optimisation tooling.
- 10+ years People Ops / HR / experience with at least 5+ years leading People Operations at a rapidly growing international technology company of >150 headcount
- Expert levels of cross-functional stakeholder management and engagement (e.g. when focusing on the larger upcoming projects such as a Comp & Benefits or Internal Performance creation and roll-out)
- Experience with globally distributed, work-from-home teams, as well as international offices of various sizes
- Experience of scaling a global People Operations department from scratch would provide a useful insight into our environment
- Good knowledge of UK, German and international labour law, regulations, and compliance requirements
- Understanding of HR systems design, People analytics and workflow
- Experience of working with AI solutions for an optimised HR environment
- Ability to manage multiple critical priorities/projects without losing attention to detail or a positive attitude
- Completely at ease in an ever changing fast paced ambiguous environment
- Extremely flexible, open-minded, and creative when it comes to developing and maintaining People Operations focused processes and initiatives
- A solid tech-savvy interest with an appreciation for privacy, security, blockchain ethos and open-source mindset
- Degree or postgraduate qualifications in Human Resources
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries, and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats (subject to current pandemic restrictions for the health of our contributors and teams).
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.
Location: Remote, but London/UK (strong preference) or Germany
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzUuMTc1LjEwNy4xNDIM
This job is closed
Compensation: $91k - $100k *
Location: ENG London, England, United Kingdom
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: