Director of Risk and Compliance
What you might be doing:
- Design, implement and lead a global risk management strategy for the organisation.
- Support the Legal Executive Board on embedding a risk aware culture.
- Establish and quantify the organisation's 'risk appetite' and ensure risk approach adheres accordingly (heat maps).
- Ensure compliance with regulatory obligations whilst taking a commercial and practical approach to risk based challenges and offer appropriate solutions.
- Provision of proactive and practical regulatory advice to business managers and support functions.
- Continuous drive for enhanced efficiency and user service in all Risk and Compliance processes.
- Develop, lead and motivate the Risk and Compliance team to maximise effectiveness.
- Provide support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation.
- Ensure the senior management remains informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations and impact.
- Horizon scan to increase awareness of risks affecting the business.
- Provide regular reports to boards and other relevant bodies detailing any current issues or information as required.
- Lead the user onboarding team driving efficiency in all processes to most effectively adhere to our risk appetite.
- Conduct internal audits, including liaison with external auditors.
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders.
- Manage the successful delivery of compliance projects ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach. Support and lead on Group projects as assigned.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand the business requirements for projects, develop effective working relationships during project implementation and ensure ownership is understood by management.
- Proactively identify opportunities for product and service enhancements, working closely with the product managers
What you might bring:
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory environment covering all service line offerings.
- Demonstrated broad technical knowledge and expertise covering conducting of business matters, corporate governance, regulatory risk and regulatory change matters.
- Practical and commercial approach to problem solving.
- Experience influencing behaviours at all levels of the organisation.
- Proven track record of delivering enhancements to process efficiency.
- Experience of leading and motivating a multi-jurisdictional, multi specialism team.
- Comprehensive experience of the European regulatory environment. Swiss experience is a plus.
- Ability to produce and present effective presentations and training sessions.
- Holding as a minimum an ICA Diploma or equivalent in International Compliance and/or Anti Money Laundering
- Full professional proficiency in Estonian and English (written and spoken).
- Startup acumen and previous experience is a plus.
- Cryptocurrency or Fintech experience is beneficial.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzkuMi4xOTIM
This job is closed
Compensation: $90k - $100k *
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: