About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clientsâ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department:Service Fundamentals (Identity)
As an engineer on the Identity team at Gemini, youâll be directly involved in collecting, storing, and verifying the identity information of all users of Gemini. We are building a cross-functional, microservice based platform to support the login and registration processes across all of Geminiâs current and future product lines. We are a primarily backend team working in scala. We have a strong culture of code reviews, and a focus on security, with the end goal of writing and shipping high-quality code by getting things right the first time. We want to continue building the best product we can as we scale and grow our business. If you get excited about solving technical challenges that directly impact our customers, clients, and the rest of the Gemini team, weâd love to hear from you.
- Develop new products and product features on the Gemini platform, as part of a tight knit team of six to eight developers.
- Write automated tests to ensure the operation and correctness of new product features.
- Provide technical input and knowledge to the planning, design, and requirements process for new products and features.
- Review other software engineersâ code for correctness, >
- Improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini codebase by engaging in occasional refactoring and upgrade projects.
- Support your teamâs production software by responding to an occasional alert or bug report.
- At least 6 years of software engineering experience.
- Proficiency in with the JVM (Scala preferred).
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities in collaboration with peers.
- A customer and product-focused mindset, with the ability to make well-reasoned tradeoffs between speed and quality.
- A proven track record of working with distributed systems.
- Familiarity writing highly observable, well monitored code.
- Familiarity with AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Interest in working with Functional Programming paradigms.
- Prior experience working with gRPC and/or protobuf.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.