Join a leading fintech company thatâs democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
Weâre seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
<h2>About the role</h2>
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Menlo Park, CA or New York City, New York, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
We're looking for a dedicated, ambitious engineering manager to join our engineering team and help building successful trading products and hard-working engineering team. In this role, you will be the engineer lead of critical part of Crypto business, within the Product Engineering Org. In addition to maintaining the existing crypto product, this team will plan and build the next set of features on our crypto roadmap.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Coach and mentor Robinhood's versatile engineers by giving them concrete feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Add new engineers to the team by working with other recruiting and with other engineering leads involved in hiring.
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering
- Improve the quality of Robinhood's products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement
- Work with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood's processes and systems for product development
- 5+ years of experience as a full-time software engineer
- 3+ years for experience as Technical Leadership and Mentorship
- Shown ability to mentor both senior & junior engineers and interns
- Establish high engineering excellence and build an impactful team
- Strong technical skills and ability to architect technical solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborate optimally with partners including product manager, leadership, design align on business goal and execution plan
- Experience in finance a plus
- Experience with Cryptocurrency trading
- Experience with Python, Postgres, and Kafka
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Weâre looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If youâre ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our missionâweâd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhoodâs Benefits.