FirstMate’s mission is to unlock the future of the NFT space by providing tools and platforms for NFT creators.
We believe that creators in the web3 space should be free to focus on what they do best: creating. We’ll take care of the rest.
FirstMate is led by an experienced founder team with experience ranging from taking multiple products from conception to launch and beyond at both acquired start ups, and Fortune 100 Companies, to building and managing multi billion dollar products at Instagram.
We’re focused on making bespoke NFT secondary marketplaces tailored to the unique needs of each project. In the last few months we'e launched over 20 of these by hand, raised a sizeable seed round from investors, including Dragonfly, Coinbase Ventures, and NextView, and have grown our inbound pipeline as we've picked up recognition along the way.
With those wins in our pocket, we're looking for someone to come in and help us scale and iterate on our core product.
About the role
As a founding engineer you will:
- architect and develop tools in our creator tool suite, including a no-code NFT marketplace builder, a community management platform, and marketing tools
- Collaborate with product to build new features and iterate based on end-user feedback
- Listen to end-user feedback and bring ideas to the team, helping us make key decisions for our product
- Mentor future engineering hires
- Looking for high-ownership role at high-growth company, and desire to be at an early stage start-up with an opportunity to make an outsized impact on company direction
- Team player with strong communication skills, demonstrating empathy for teammates and end-users alike
- Self guided: able to take a large, loosely defined problem, and ask the right questions + take the initiative to break it into manageable chunks
- Looking for variety in their day to day and eager to learn new skills
- 3+ years of Full Stack development, where you’ve learned to write clean, reliable, maintainable code.
- Experience with technologies in our stack such as Vercel, Nextjs, React, Typescript, and Node.js as well as web3 libraries like wagmi, ethers.js or similar
- Experience with integration, regression and end to end testing, along with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience in working cross-functionally and collaborating with product, design, and partnerships.
Strong preference for NYC
- Competitive salary and equity grant
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Reimbursement for a home office setup
- Paid travel costs to team off-sites
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy44MC40LjE0NwM