Note: This role is not for FJ Labs’ core team, it is for Squad, a startup launched with support from FJ Labs.
⚡ We’re abstracting away all the complexity of hiring & freelancing. Our mission is to empower more people to work on what they love, on their terms, with no sacrifices!
🚀 We’re live today with a community-powered marketplace providing Web3 companies with on-demand access to highly-vetted, crypto-native engineers. We’ve generated >$500k in transactions.
Hiring technical talent is a constant pain - for everyone. Getting to the right match demands high costs ($30k per FT dev), long processes (>45 days to fill), and has low retention (20% turnover/yr). In the Blockchain space the hiring challenges are compounded. Web3 Talent is more fluid, has multiple revenue streams, and prefers remote work. Web3 Orgs rely on smaller core teams and fluid, decentralized workforces.
This industry embodies the future of work. Characterized by an independent and decentralized labor economy, with a strong need for on-demand human resource allocation and team formation. Squad exists to enable a new generation of high-skill independent builders to do what they love, under their terms, with no sacrifices.
Thanks to recent developments in AI, Crypto and Smart Contracts we are modernizing the way we build teams: Squad helps orgs automate sourcing, vetting, matching, contracts, and payments, in a fraction of the time & cost.
Today, Squad is a community-powered talent marketplace providing Web3 companies with on-demand access to highly-vetted, crypto-native engineers. We leverage AI for search / matchmaking, GitHub / resume scoring, ranking, and deliverable scoping. Additionally, we're developing upgradable NFTs to showcase reputation, an on-chain referral system, ownership mechanisms, and configurable smart contract escrows for payments. These innovations enable us to operate 10x more efficiently than ever before.
The same technological developments will allow us to drive similar change for other categories of tech – we are building a company to abstract away all the complexity of hiring & freelancing. Squad is creating the infrastructure for the future of work.
Our initial product is live today and we’ve distributed over $500k in payments to our developers, we now need help scaling. Join us to empower more people to do what they love, on their terms, with no sacrifices!
Who we are:
Squad is built by a team who:
- Founded multiple startups (marketplaces, future of work, blockchain)
- Helped build DAOs from scratch (Krause House, Developer DAO)
- And escaped traditional paths (Bain, MIT, Google)
We’re lucky to have the support of FJ Labs, who are marketplace & Web3 experts and have backed over 700s companies including Flexport, Alibaba, Stripe, Uber, Moonpay, ZenGo, Figment, Quantstamp, Animoca. We are sufficiently funded for the next 3-4 years.
About this role:
Squad has meaningful traction, with paying customers and rapid growth. We’re looking for a Founding Operations Lead to play a central role in leading and scaling marketplace operations, customer success, and revenue enablement.
This is a high agency role with the ability to directly shape and contribute to Squad’s culture and impact. You will have a high level of autonomy and ownership of your work.
While we have a specific initial focus, our long-term goal is huge in scope. We have an unbelievable amount to figure out and build in the next year, but there is also a near-infinite universe of challenges to dive into as we expand our view. In addition, we have an opportunity to be at the forefront of using new technology (e.g., LLMs, tokenomics, on-chain payments) to make big impact. You will never be bored.
Own outcomes from start to finish across multiple of the following areas:
- Our core infrastructure to facilitate smooth operations, including marketplace and internal ops (e.g. fiat/crypto payment processing, 3rd party vendor management, employee payments). Take proactive efforts to improve current operations, focusing on building processes/product features and streamlining for efficiency.
- Our growth strategy for each vertical we decide to pursue, including partnerships with key distribution channels. Help develop guidelines, processes, and systems that enable our business to scale through extreme growth.
- Strategic initiatives that will help us achieve a wide variety of business goals. Explore and evaluate new opportunities (both internal and external) for the company. We often have 1-2 weeks to figure out something totally new and launch it.
- Our budget, financial reporting and performance analysis. Help manage team budgets across the organization. Analyze KPIs to track progress towards goals and recommend strategic adjustments as needed. Present business updates, and performance metrics to the board of directors.
We’ll be most excited if you:
- Are high output and have a bias towards action (this is probably the most important one!)
- Have strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, keen attention to detail, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Are an agile self-starter with ability to move quickly and desire to own and be accountable for projects from Day 1.
- Have experience in a role that requires analytical problem solving, operational rigor, and outcome ownership (e.g., fast-growing startup, finance, consulting, core member of a 0 -> 1 business line at a high-performing org)
- Know how to deal with ambiguous problems
- Are pragmatic and can see the bigger picture
- Are excited to be a part of our mission! We’re pumped about what we’re working towards, and we want you to be, too.
P.S. This is a list of ideal qualifications for this position. If you don't meet every single one of them, you should still consider applying!
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk2Ljg2M