Head of Digital Currency Policy
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the regulatory environment of digital currency policy, providing insights and guidance across the company and supporting sales activities
- Lead R3’s engagement in EMEA with central banks, governments and regulators concerning digital currency policy; establishing and nurturing strong relationships
- Contribute to the definition and execution of a central bank engagement strategy focused on business generating CBDC opportunities, pulling on internal and external resources as necessary
- Help define and rollout original thought leadership content in collaboration with the rest of the broader CBDC team
- Define and continuously refine a number of EMEA Based country-based strategic execution plans to influence and help advance the CBDC journey.
- Establish and maintain R3's strong external presence by proactively developing and maintaining a prominent profile and thought leadership in the digital currency industry
- As necessary, onboard and direct the use of external organisations to maximise R3’s influence in the digital currencies marketplace and public policy debate, with specific reference to key target national markets for Corda deployment;
- Collaborate with internal teams to support Corda’s design and roadmap, ensuring its alignment with the evolving demands of central banks and private institutions seeking digital currency solutions
- Support the work of partners across EMEA in targeting non-priority central banks, identifying strategic opportunities, encouraging partner responses and managing relationships
- Collaborate with various teams at R3 to develop and maintain consistent messaging and positioning of Corda in relation to CBDCs and stablecoins
- Contribute to EMEA based, and where needed, global RFI’s, RFP’s and other such requests for collaboration and participation with respect to regulation and government related concerns
- Professional demonstrated experience working with diverse regulatory environments and an understanding of the international landscape of digital currency regulations
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as economics, finance, business, law, or public policy. A master's degree or higher could be beneficial.
- Extensive experience in digital currency policy and strong government relations, preferably in a financial or technology-focused organization with a global presence.
In-depth Knowledge of Digital Currency:
- A comprehensive understanding of digital currencies, including major cryptocurrencies, decentralized finance (DeFi), central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), and related blockchain technologies.
- Familiarity with global regulatory frameworks governing digital currencies, including AML (Anti-Money Laundering), KYC (Know Your Customer), data privacy, and financial regulations.
Government Relations Expertise:
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with government agencies, regulators, and policymakers across multiple jurisdictions.
- Understanding of the legislative and regulatory processes at national, regional, and international levels.
- Ability to help navigate complex political landscapes and engage effectively with stakeholders to influence policy outcomes.
Policy Analysis and Strategy:
- Exceptional analytical and research skills to evaluate proposed policies, regulations, and legislation that impact digital currencies globally.
- Ability to analyse and interpret the potential implications of policy changes across various jurisdictions and provide strategic guidance to the organization.
- Experience in developing and executing global advocacy strategies to shape regulatory policies and promote the company's interests.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner across different cultures and languages.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal teams, external stakeholders, industry associations, and government representatives worldwide.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including legal, compliance, technology, and finance, to ensure alignment on digital currency policy matters in various jurisdictions.
- In-depth knowledge of global financial regulations, compliance requirements, and international standards related to digital currencies.
- Experience in designing and implementing global compliance programs to ensure adherence to regulatory obligations across multiple jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with regulatory sandboxes, pilot programs, and emerging regulatory approaches to foster innovation while ensuring compliance.
- Global Perspective and Adaptability:
- Demonstrated ability to understand and navigate diverse cultural, legal, and regulatory landscapes across different countries and regions.
- Adaptability to evolving regulatory environments and an ability to quickly understand and respond to new regulations, industry developments, and emerging trends in digital currencies globally.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M
This job is closed
Compensation: $63k - $120k *
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: